Chapter Three

Annabelle looked to her right, seeing the small window with closed blinds hiding everything except one small beam of sunlight. She rubbed her eyes and slowly sat up, looking around her room. She then realised that it is morning, Thursday morning to be exact. She is so glad it's summer, and she is so glad she doesn't have school anymore. Being eighteen definitely has it's perks, but can also be a bit scary, but she would rather not think about that right now.

Maybe today could be a good day. She hasn't had a decent day since... Well, a long time. Except for last Tuesday. That was the day that the Styles family came over.

They were all very kind, especially Harry. The fact that he treated her like a normal girl, even when she never said a word to him, and made her so happy. No one has treated her normally in years. Not even her own family.

She grinned at the thought of Harry, but quickly shook him out of her head. There's no way she will let herself think about him. She refuses to even think about falling for him. No way. She'll just end up hurt and sad.

She pushed the five fluffy blankets off of her body and stood up, a bit too fast. A wave of dizziness hit her head while her eyes lost vision for a few seconds. This happens to every morning.

She took a small breath in through her nose and released it through her mouth, looking at herself in the mirror. Annabelle's hair reaches right above her elbows, and her bangs are straight across her forehead, covering it and her brown eyebrows.

She then took a closer look at her face, seeing a few bumps here and there, and a few red spots from laying on her pillow. She looked at her eyes, seeing that they were brown in the middle, and faded into green around the edges. She has always sort of liked her eyes.

Then her eyes travelled down to her body; the worst part about herself. She has small boobs, which bothers her. Her arms were skinny, her wrists tiny, and her hands sort of large. She's always felt as if she has man hands. Everyone often points out her long and slim fingers. She hates them.

Her stomach wasn't flat, but it wasn't too bad. She is trying to lose some weight. She refuses to wear any tight-fitting shirts. If she had bigger boobs, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but just her luck, she doesn't, and she a bit of a muffin-top, well that's what she thinks. So she wears t-shirts and sweaters, nothing else, but she doesn't see any problem with that.

She then examined her legs. Now here is the odd part about her legs. She has these skinny, long legs that she sometimes thinks look okay, but her thighs aren't the smallest. She feel like she is fat everywhere. She has some skinny parts to her, but also some not so skinny parts, and when you put them all together to make her body, it just looks horrible- to her, anyway.

Okay, enough of loathing herself for this morning.

She just needs to get rid of all reflective surfaces in her room. Then maybe she might stop cringing every time she wakes up, or even walks into into room.

She sighed and went into the bathroom, brushed her hair and teeth, and took her retainer out. She used to have braces. Man, were they a pain in the neck- but, she now has straight teeth that she has grown pretty fond of, so she is not complaining.

She went downstairs and everything was silent, except for a bit of talking coming from the kitchen. The smell of pancakes overtook her senses, making her walk into the kitchen.

Just a fair warning, she is not a morning person, and she can't stand to eat as soon as she wakes up. She has to wait a few hours before eating anything.

She looked at the clock in the hallway near the kitchen, and it read 1:04pm. Dang. Gotta love summer.

"So, then I asked where- Oh hey, sweetie." Her mother greeted her, making her look up from the ground. She instantly stopped in her tracks, seeing Anne sitting in the kitchen with her mother.