Chapter 57

Three updates in one day, you guys must be so proud of me;-)
I'm sorry there are so many trigger warnings lately, but we're starting to dig deeper into Harry and Annabelle's past, which were pretty dark times for the both of them. So once again, I must warn you...
Trigger warning.

Harry had spent the next day cuddled up beside his mother, giving her apologies numerous times. "I'm sorry, mum." He mumbled after hours of not talking to anyone. "I messed everything up, again, I know I did." He wasn't crying anymore, but he felt like shit.

Then a week later, when he still hadn't even tried talking to Annabelle, he decided to drown his regret in a bottle of vodka and a few bottles of Coca-Cola. He was drunk off his ass, stumbling around his house and running into tables and walls.

"Mum," Harry slurred, entering her room. She wasn't in there, she want anywhere. Before he had gotten drunk, she told him he was going to the store and to visit Julie. Apparently he didn't remember, continuing to stumble around the house until he found his phone.

7:48p.m.
To: Annabelle
Hey bagybyyyy is me maum at yhouer howuse

8:03p.m.
To: Annabelle
Mmuum whwre arw u you j

8:05p.m.
To: Annabelle
Needvrrmind ananbellle me mim is hiwm noe

Harry giggled at himself as he fell down the bottom step, landing on his bum.

"Hey mumm!" Harry shouted happily, dancing into the kitchen. "Where did you gooo?" He giggled, sitting on the counter in front of his mother.

"I was at Julie's house, dear." Anne lightly patted his knee.

"Who-" Harry hiccuped, "Who is Julie?"

"You know Julie, Dave's wife." Anne tried her best not to mention Annabelle's name. In his drunken state, he could easily freak out and become angry or depressed again.

"Who?" Harry hiccuped again, laughing at the funny sounds coming from his throat.

"Annabelle's parents, sweety." Anne said softly, patting his cheek.

"Ohhh, Annabelle! How is Annabelle, mum? Is she happy? I hope she's-" he hiccuped, "Sooo happy, she's soooo pretty." Harry frowned.

"I'm only telling you this, because you won't remember a thing tomorrow morning..." Anne sighed. "I think she's hurting herself, Harry." Harry's eyes snapped up to look up at his mother.

"Why, mum? She's too perf-" he hiccuped. "Too perfect to do thaaaat." Harry's eyebrows were crinkled, a deep frown on his lips. Anne shrugged, not wanting to talk about it anymore.

When she was at Julie's house, she walked upstairs to use the bathroom and saw a bloody towel on the floor beside the sink and a razor blade sitting on the side of the bathtub. She wanted to confront Annabelle about it, but she didn't want to intrude on her personal issues. She kept her mouth shut about it until now, her heart heavy.

"Maybe I should go talk to her," Harry jumped off of the counter and fell down.

"That's not a good idea, you're so drunk, honey." Anne helped pick Harry up, leading him to the couch.

"Yeah mum, I'll go talk to Annabelle, I'll tell her how muuuch I love her!" Harry exclaimed as Anne sat him on the couch.

"No, no. You're going to sit here and go to sleep before you get yourself hurt. How much did you drink?" Anne pushed Harry's hair away from his face.