Chapter Seventeen

Normally when Annabelle wakes up, it's due to the small amount of sunlight coming through her blinds. This morning, on the other hand, she awoke from her whole body being not only exposed to sunlight, but due to being covered by a body. Harry's body to be exact. His head was on her chest, his arms and leg draped over hers. She found it quite adorable and she was mentally freaking out.

She had never slept in the same bed with a guy, nor been this close to one. They're not even in a bed, they're on the damp ground. Annabelle's couldn't move, he was on top of her, snuggling her like a puppy. She didn't want to wake him.

Her breathing picked up a little, okay, a lot. Her hands were becoming sweaty and she felt her ears heating up, something that happens when she is nervous, lying, or embarrassed. Annabelle tried closing her eyes and taking steady breaths, maybe that will help.

Harry took in a deep breath, slightly sitting up. He lightly chuckled, moving his body so he was laying right beside her and facing her. His fingers traced her jaw, chin, and other jaw, before moving some hair away from her cheek. Annabelle wanted to smile, but held it in, and kept her eyes closed.

"You're beautiful." Harry whispered, laying his head down beside hers. His hand found hers and he entwined his fingers with her limp ones. A few moments later, she felt him pressing his lips to her cheek. She pretended that's what woke her up. Slowly fluttering her eyes open, she squinted, and turned her head to look at him. He was grinning.

"Morning." Harry said quietly, and Annabelle nervously smiled in reply. she moved my body to stretch, and stood up.

There really isn't anything to be nervous about. Harry is acting calm, as if this is supposed to happen. Annabelle is worried of what his real girlfriend would think if she found out. She doesn't want to be the cause of their relationship ending or them arguing.

Annabelle's phone buzzed in her back pocket. She quickly took it out, knowing it'd be her mother or father.

"Annabelle? Oh my lord, where are you?" Julie sounded worried and angry, more angry than worried. Of course.

Annabelle stayed silent, and listened as Julie sighed, mumbling something like, "she's fine" to Dave. "Just come home." She said, and hung up. Annabelle looked over at Harry, seeing he was also on his phone.

"Yes, mum, I'm fine. No, I'm not in trouble. I'll be home soon, I promise. Ask Gemma, she'll tell you everything. Okay, love you too. Bye." He hung up.

Annabelle ran her fingers through her hair, trying to make sure she didn't have horrible bed- more like blanket and grass- hair. She put a piece of mint gum in her mouth. She held the pack of gum out, offering a piece to Harry.

"What are you implying? That I have bad breath?" He grinned, taking the gum. She lightly shrugged, picking up the blanket, shaking it off, and folding it into a neat square.

Harry's hands grabbed her wrists, pulling her forward as he started attacking her cheeks in kisses. "Bad breath?! Me?!" He said in between kisses. Annabelle laughed, of course, and dropped the blanket while trying to push him away. He stopped kissing her cheeks, and pulled his face away for a moment. "How about this..." He paused, grinning. "Give me a kiss, and we can go."

Annabelle's heart dropped. What kind of girl does he think she is? She would never kiss a guy who isn't single! Plus, he would be her first kiss and she doesn't know if she is ready for that yet.

"Right here." He said, pointing to his cheek. A cheek kiss is fine, right?

Annabelle leaned in and stood on her tiptoes, lightly pressing her lips to his jaw. That's as far as she could reach. When she got back on her feet, she saw Harry smiling, with his eyes closed.

"Come on," he whispered and opened his eyes.

Harry grabbed her cold hand in his, swinging them back and forth until they reach his car. During the long drive, Annabelle realized she should stop letting him do things like holding her hand and kissing her cheek. If she were his girlfriend and she found out he was doing these things with another girl, she would be crushed.

They pulled into Annabelle's driveway slowly, Harry's hand no longer in hers. About halfway through the drive, when she decided to stop all of the physical contact, she 'accidentally' dropped her phone and pulled her hand away to grab it.

"I had fun on our date." Harry said, keeping his eyes on hers. She tried not to let her confusion and anger show. How could he take her on a date if he has a girlfriend?

I had fun too, I guess.

Annabelle lightly smiled to be polite, opening the door and stepping out. Harry didn't pull out of her driveway until he saw her front door close, knowing she was safely inside.