Chapter Fourty

Harry woke up in an empty bed when his alarm for six-thirty a.m. went off. He wondered when Annabelle had gotten up as he walked into the bathroom to shower, noticing she was sitting on the couch, already dressed and wearing a beanie over her curly hair. She was too tired to fix it, so she put on a black beanie to go with her black skinny jeans and black t-shirt. She had been up since five a.m. When she woke up and remembered she was in Harry's arms, she got out of bed and started to get ready to distract her from crawling back in bed with him.

Of course Annabelle had been visited by Mother Nature today, making her even more emotional than the past week. She felt so crazy, feeling so many different emotions so strongly. One minute she was totally fine with Harry and wanting to hug him, the next lashing out at him in her mind and imagining herself yelling at him and giving him an earful, the next moment wanting to cry and curl up into a ball while eating chocolates and making Harry hold her until she fell asleep. She couldn't handle all these feelings, she didn't know what to do anymore.

Everyone sat on the plane, Harry sitting beside Annabelle, Anne and Gemma beside them, and Julie and Dave in front of them.  They still had many hours left on the plane, and Harry still hadn't been able to get Annabelle to pay attention to him. She sat with her knees close to her chest, her head leaning back on the seat to look out of the window beside her. Harry couldn't stop staring at her, in awe of how pretty someone could be. He found himself admiring her and every one of her features so often, maybe too often.

Annabelle noticed his staring, giving him a look, and he knew what it meant. He was beginning to pick up on certain faces she made when she was feeling certain things or wondering certain things. "You're just really pretty." Harry whispered, answering her silent question of why are you staring at me? She couldn't help it that her cheeks turned pink as her eyes darted to the floor and away from his eyes. Harry grinned, his tired eyes continuing to watch her. He was going to do anything to make her talk to him- not literally speak, but at least let him know what's wrong.

Annabelle's phone vibrated and she picked it up, wondering who in the world would be texting her.

From: Harry
You're pretty.

To: Harry
right back at you

Harry smiled, feeling like her anger was finally leaving and good ol' Annabelle was coming back.

From: Harry
I like you

To: Harry
i would hope so, boyfriend

Annabelle could feel her heart thumping hard in her chest every time she received a message from him. She was so thankful for the wifi on the plane.

Harry was reading the text he just received from Annabelle, her eyes watching him type back a response. He knew she was watching, he didn't mind. He thought it was cute. But when a message from Sandy popped up and he saw the way Annabelle's eyes faltered, her small grin fading quickly as she let out the quietest, most sarcastic laugh.

It all clicked in his head immediately, he got it. He understood what had been eating her alive for days, what had been making her feel so insecure and hurt. But he didn't know what to say to her to make her understand that Sandy meant absolutely nothing to him. His eyes could only see Annabelle, she was the only thing keeping him awake at night, making his heart flutter, making him happy.

From: Harry
I like you so much

To: Harry
cool

From: Harry
I only like you

Harry sent the text, hoping she would take the hint. He didn't want to cause a scene or make her angry, or get angry himself. So he stuck to sending small hints until she would get it.

To: Harry
keep saying that, bub.

From: Harry
I'm not joking, annabelle.

Annabelle wasn't taking him seriously, he obviously had eyes for someone other than her.

To: Harry
uh huh

Harry sighed as he read the text and tried to think of how to convince her of his seriousness and truthfulness.

From: Harry
I like you so much you know

From: Harry
I'm not joking

From: Harry
I would never joke about that

To: Harry
there's a difference between joking and lying

From: Harry
I would never lie to you annabelle

From: Harry
Never ever ever :)