Chapter Fourty-One

Anne sat in the uncomfortable airplane chair, reading a magazine while Gemma slept on her shoulder. She glanced at her son and his girlfriend every few minutes, never being able to get over how cute they were. She hadn't seen Harry so obsessed with anyone in his life, she couldn't stand the cuteness.

From: Harry<3
Invite Annabelle to dinner

Anne smiled, shaking her head.

To: Harry<3
Do it yourself, you're a big boy

From: Harry<3
No mum you have to do it today

Anne's sweet smile hadn't faded, rolling her eyes at Harry. She looked over at him, seeing he was looking at Annabelle, who was typing on her phone.

From: Harry<3
I need a little more time with her today, she'll say no if I ask.

To: Harry<3
Fine, but you owe me.

The plane landed many hours later, Annabelle frowning as they walked to their cars in the cold air. She loved the cold weather, but was getting used to the warm weather and salty beach air. She pulled her jacket around her body, Harry noticing and tucking her in his side and holding her close as they walked to their cars that had been parked in the same place the whole week they were gone.

She looked over to her parents, seeing Julie shutting the trunk of her car and Dave closely watching his daughter and Harry. He knew they were up to something, there's no way a boy would be that friendly to a girl when they were only friends... Even though Harry had always been that sweet to Annabelle, even before they were dating.

"Annabelle," Anne said lightly after she shut the trunk of her small car. Gemma stopped to turn around and listen to what her mother had to say. Annabelle looked at Harry's mother, wondering what she would say. Gemma and Anne never really talked to Annabelle unless they were put in a situation where they had to. "Would you like to join us for dinner at our house?" Anne's rosy cheeks lifted up in a smile. She adored Annabelle, really.

Harry watched Annabelle as she politely smiled and nodded. There was no way she could refuse a sweet invitation from Harry's mother. The invitation was random, but she tried not to let herself wonder about it too much.

Anne walked over to Julie, informing her that she would be taking Annabelle to her house for dinner and would be back before ten p.m. and saying her final goodbyes to her best friend before everyone got in their cars and started the drive back home.

Harry helped his mother carry in the bags and suitcases, Gemma taking Annabelle inside of the warm home. "I'm too tired to help them. Come on," Gemma nudged Annabelle's side and dragged her inside. "Do you want something to drink? Oh what about some hot chocolate?" Gemma radiated excitement as she ran to the kitchen, Annabelle following with a grin on her face.

They sat at the kitchen table, holding hot mugs in their cold hands while Harry and Anne were unpacking in their rooms. Annabelle awkwardly looked around, trying to avoid eye contact with Gemma.

"What did you do to Harry?" Gemma blurted out, making Annabelle more uncomfortable. Gemma's tone was odd, as if she were trying to sound polite, but it came out more as a rude question. Annabelle's eyes held confusion as she looked to Gemma, hoping she would explain what she meant. Gemma opened her mouth to continue, but was interrupted by Anne entering the room and sighing.

"Thanks for helping, Gem," Anne teased with a grin on her lips. "I don't know what to make for dinner, maybe soup or-" Annabelle quietly backed out of the room as Anne turned around and opened her cabinets, Gemma beside her.

She walked up the stairs and saw the long hallway that soon turned to the left and had more rooms. She had been to Harry's room before, but couldn't remember which room it was. She began walking slowly down the hallway until she saw Harry turned around, picking up clothes from his suitcase.

"Hi, baby," Harry said as he turned around, his own eyes instantly widening. It was just a habit he had started, calling her nicknames. Her cheeks turned red, just like every time he does anything cute towards her. Annabelle sat her mug down on his desk, going to sit on his bed as he continued unpacking. By the time he was finished putting his clothes in his drawers and in his hamper and put his bags away, Annabelle was laying across the bed on her back with her hair spread everywhere. Harry laid on his back beside her, their shoulders touching. Her feet hardly hung off the bed, but his almost touched the floor. Harry turned his head to look at his girlfriend who was stating at the ceiling, Gemma's words replaying in her head. She was so confused as to what Harry's older sister meant.

"I like you." Harry's voice was quiet as his soft hand held hers. Her eyes stayed focused on his ceiling, her heart swelling inside her chest. "Only you." Harry added, holding her hand tightly in his. His words held so much more meaning than Annabelle knew. Harry could easily say he was in love with this girl, this beautiful and graceful girl laying beside him. It didn't take him hardly any time to know he was in love. They'd only been on a few dates, only knowing each other for three months. If Annabelle had known he was in love, she would say it was too soon. She would say that love doesn't exist and there is absolutely no way anyone, especially someone as perfect as Harry, could be in love with her. He knew she would think all of these things, so he kept his mouth shut when it came to confessing his love for her.

Harry had never been in love before, he had no idea what it felt like to be in love until he held his girlfriend in his arms as she cried into in chest, her small body trying to be as close as possible to his. He knew he was in love when he felt the immense pain that came after yelling at his girlfriend. He knew he was in love after watching her cheeks turn a deep shade of pink every time he complimented her, called her a nickname he knew she secretly loved, or made a move to kiss her or smack her butt as she walked passed him in her pajama shorts. He didn't know it were possible to be in love with someone after only knowing them for three months and going on random dates every now and then, but when he looked at her or even thought about her, he felt this odd feeling spark in his chest and his heart catching on fire, his mind going crazy, he just knew he loved this girl.

"I don't like Sandy." Harry blurted, his green eyes desperately searching for her hazel ones. He finally found them when she turned her head so she was looking at him, their noses almost touching. "She doesn't mean anything to me. You mean everything to me and more." He moved his face so their noses and foreheads were pressed together. "I promise."

Annabelle's eyes held an emotion Harry had never seen on her before as she closed them and connected their lips. Harry immediately took over, rolling over and holding himself up with his forearms on each side of Annabelle's head. Her hands moved to hold his face, keeping him close to her as their kiss deepened more and more each second, their lips moving slowly against each other's. Harry was the first one to break the kiss, resting his forehead on hers. He kept his eyes closed and she opened hers, staring at the gorgeous boy on top of her.

"I like you so much." He repeated for the thousandth time today.