Chapter 80 + answers

Questions that are asked to Harry are answered in his point of view, and questions towards Annabelle are answered in her point of view.

"I'd like to ask Harry how he truly feels about Annabelle not speaking, and if he's had any doubts about her or if she'll ever open up to him."

I think the fact that Annabelle doesn't speak, and hasn't spoken a full sentence in so many years shows how passionately she feels certain emotions, and I love that about her. Of course I would totally love for her to talk to me, like if I could just hear her say my name, or tell me she loves me... But she has been hurt before, and it's up to me to help fix her, you know? We have our own ways of saying, "I love you," and they're super special to me.
Duh I've had doubts about her ever opening up to me. It took weeks before she would even admit to liking me! Don't even get me started on how she tried to run away when I asked her to be my girlfriend, silly girl. Although, I haven't doubted Annabelle's feelings towards me too much. Everyone has some insecurities, right? She isn't the type of girl to stick around someone when she doesn't truly like them or want to be around them. Knowing she is willingly living with me, allowing me to show her so much affection and attention so often, and comfort me any time I need or want her to, shows that she truly loves me. I mean, hey, remember that time she tried to sock Sandy in the face when Sandy got a little too close? Haha, that's my girl.

"I'd like to ask the same question to Annabelle. Also, what does she want to say to Harry? Why is she so scared?"

How do I truly feel about Harry? He's nuts, he's clingy, he's gentle, he's protective, tough, goofy. He adorns many wonderful traits, and makes the bad traits seem not so bad. I don't mind having to put extra effort into showing that I love him with all of my heart without saying words, because he deserves all of the love that a human could offer. He deserves all of my love and more.
I have imagined myself speaking to Harry almost every day since I met him. I know he would be surprised about my accent. It isn't a British accent. I know he would be tickled to death to hear my voice, and I believe seeing him smile and knowing he feels so much joy from a few words of mine would be worth it. It's just... How do I explain this simply? Not verbalizing words- it's my way of protecting myself. Not speaking is how I decided to lock up all of my feelings and hide them from the world a long time ago. I understand that it seems drastic, but at that point in my life, a drastic solution had to be thought of. I've kept my safety net up, but with each and every syllable that leaves Harry's pretty lips, I can feel the net being torn more and more open. It's only a matter of time before the net is ripped to shreds, and I am indecisive on whether that is a good thing or not.

^*^

For a few days, Harry would refuse to rest. He assumed this small head cold would pass if he were active and tried to ignore it, but sadly, he only made it worse. Annabelle tried giving him medicines, just to find out he were too stubborn to swallow even a tiny pill.

"I'm not sick, it's just a little head cold, baby. I'm alright." Harry would say as he kissed Annabelle's forehead, refusing the medicine and her pleas to lay down and rest. He sniffed his nose and continued tossing Waffle's toy across the room when Waffle would return it.

Harry realized a few days later that he was in fact sick, when he couldn't find the energy to get out of bed for more than a few minutes and his throat constantly felt dry. Annabelle tried comforting him, only to be shoo'ed away by Harry claiming he would be too angry at himself if he let Annabelle get sick.

Two days into being in bed all day, Harry couldn't stand it anymore. Even though he were still very sick, he needed to go do something, anything. He felt so lazy and tired, so useless, but his plans didn't go very far when he became dizzy after standing up and had to hold onto the nightstand for balance. He made it into the living room, and sat on the edge of the couch for a moment to regain some energy. Harry was confused about this, why he couldn't gain the energy to simply walk. He called for Annabelle, only to remember she would be at work for another hour. With a sigh, Harry stood up and slowly made his way into the kitchen, hoping he could at least get himself some water. He managed to take a shower and brush his teeth, and change into a clean pair of sweatpants. After all of that, his body refused to produce anymore energy. Harry laid on the couch, waiting for Annabelle to get home and give him medicine. It took all of his strength to keep his eyes open, until Annabelle walked through the door with a small smile and her hair pulled away from her face.

Annabelle's smile disappeared when she seen Harry on the couch and his eyes dull. Harry mumbled a hello, and Annabelle immediately leaned down to kiss his forehead. Her lips lingered, and she kissed his forehead again after a few moments. Harry didn't realize this, but Annabelle was checking his temperature. His forehead felt as if he just stepped out of an oven, making Annabelle frown. She needed to take him to the doctor, knowing having such a high fever was not something to take lightly.

Annabelle took her notebook from the coffee table in front of the couch, writing to Harry and telling him that she needed to take him to the doctor.

"No, baby, we can just stay here. You take good care of me, I don't need a doctor." Harry coughed, his fist raising up to cover his mouth. Annabelle shook her head as she stood up and walked to the bathroom to find a thermometer.

After taking Harry's temperature and showing him that it was over a hundred-and-three, he sat up and agreed to let Annabelle take him to a doctor. She helped him stand and keep his balance all of the way to Harry's car, and drove him to the emergency room. Harry coughed and sniffled the whole way there, even dozing off for a few minutes.

They sat in the waiting room for at least two hours, Harry asleep on Annabelle's shoulder. Annabelle leaned her head on Harry's as she read Harry's favorite book for the second time. When a nurse finally told Annabelle which room to take Harry to, she woke him by slowly sitting up and holding his cheek in her hand, making sure he wouldn't be too disoriented when he opened his eyes.

When the doctor finally came into the room, he asked about Harry's symptoms. Harry seemed to be sleeping again, considering it took another hour for the doctor to come into the room. Annabelle stopped to think for a moment; should she wake Harry up to speak to the doctor himself? Annabelle stood up, pulling the doctor a couple feet away from Harry's sleeping body. She cleared her throat, and began to tell the doctor about Harry's symptoms.

Harry's eyes opened, squinting from the bright lights. He looked around, trying to find Annabelle, and when he seen her with the doctor- talking to the doctor, he thought he was delusional. There's no way Annabelle would be talking to anyone, especially a complete stranger.

"You're not from here, are you?" The doctor spoke with a small laugh at the end of his sentence. Annabelle shook her head, a light smile gracing her lips. Harry watched the two interact, until he somehow dozed off again, only to be awoken by Annabelle a few moments later.

The doctor checked Harry's temperature, eyes, ears, and nose. He listened to Harry's heartbeat and breathing, followed by sticking a large cotton swab in his mouth. He told Harry that this is a flu test, and left for another thirty minutes after that. Harry watched Annabelle as Annabelle watched Harry. They didn't seem to need words in that moment, they both knew Harry was sick. They both knew that Annabelle would do anything to take care of him.

Harry was admitted into the hospital, since they caught the flu near the early stages of its course. They told Harry he wouldn't have to stay many days, just long enough to keep him very hydrated and under a stable temperature. Annabelle watched as the nurse plugged an IV into Harry's arm, closing her eyes when Harry winced at the needles. After the nurse told Harry to get some rest and left, he reach his hand out for Annabelle to take and made her sit right beside his bed, holding his hand as he fell asleep once more.