Chapter 99: Becoming Part Of The Jedi Council

Start from the beginning

Jinx scoffed. "No kidding."

"Not to worry, we're still flying half the ship." Obi-Wan assured us.

As we made our way towards Coruscant, we managed to pick up speed. The half of the ship that Anakin and I were flying was engulfed in flames.

"Now we're really picking up speed." Anakin mentioned. 

As soon as we entered the atmosphere of Coruscant, I glanced over at one of the screens by my side. "Eight plus sixty...we're finally in the atmosphere."

Anakin pointed over to one of the controls. "Grab that. Keep us level."

At once, I grabbed the control, doing the best I could to keep the ship level as we made our way closer towards the ground.

"Steady. Steady." Obi-Wan urged.

R2 let out several high pitch beeps, sounding very anxious. Anakin immediately responded. "Easy, R2."

"Five thousand...Five fireships on the left and the right." I stated as I looked at one of the computer screens.

One of the fireship pilot's voice then came in through the communications. "We'll take you in."

"Copy that." I acknowledged.

"Landing strip's straight ahead." Obi-Wan mentioned.

As we approached the landing strip, the fireships did their best to try to put out the fire that the ship had. But they could only do so much. I grimaced. "We're coming in too hot."

Once we landed, we violently hit the landing strip. R2 let out a squeal as the ship continued making its way across the landing strip. We held on for dear life until the ship finally stopped. We all exchanged looks of relief. We did it! We made it out in one piece.

"Another happy landing." Obi-Wan stated.  

Once we got off of the ship, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Palpatine, Jinx, R2, and I took a shuttle to the Senate Building. When we arrived, we saw several senators such as Bail, Lorea, Jeren, Orlamax, mom, Riyo, and many others. I also saw Master Windu amongst the senators. I walked out along with R2, Palpatine, Anakin, and Jinx, but Obi-Wan remained inside. 

"Are you coming, Obi-Wan?" I questioned.

Obi-Wan shook his head. "Oh no. I'm not brave enough for politics. I have to report to the Council. Besides, someone needs to be the poster boy and in this case poster girls as well."

"Hold on, this whole operation was your idea." Anakin protested.

"Let us not forget, Anakin, that you along with Storm rescued me from the buzz droids. And you killed Count Dooku." Obi-Wan pointed out. "And you along with Jinx and Storm rescued the Chancellor, carrying me unconscious on your back."

"All because of your training, Master." Anakin stated.

"Anakin, let's be fair. Today, you three are the heroes and you deserve your glorious day with the politicians." Obi-Wan insisted.

"All right. But you owe me and not for saving your skin for the tenth time." Anakin reminded him.

"Ninth time...that business on Cato Nemoidia doesn't count." Obi-Wan corrected.

I chuckled. "Of course it didn't...Why am I not surprised?"

Obi-Wan gave us a smile. "I'll see you at the briefing." 

With that, the shuttle took off, returning to the Jedi Temple. Mom, Bail, Riyo, Lorea, Jeren, and Orlamax approached us with smiles. I returned their smiles as I rushed towards them, giving mom, Riyo, and my cousins hugs. Once we pulled away from the hugs, I gave Bail a bow.