Chapter 94: Taking Down Trench

Começar do início

"Sorry, Wrecker, this is strictly stealth." Anakin informed him.

Wrecker groaned. "I hate that word."

I glanced over at Echo. "Echo, you're up."

"Don't worry. As soon as I plug in, I'll send a signal to the command ship." Echo assured us.

With that, Echo used his right arm plugging into the socket of the computers on board. Hunter furrowed his brows. "What type of signal are you gonna send? Nothing that'll give us away, right?"

"As far as the droids are concerned, we're just gonna be another one of their shuttles coming in for a landing." Echo explained.

"And the regs think we take risks." Hunter muttered.

Once we were above Anaxes, Trench's ship came into sight. That's when Echo spoke again. "Sending the signal...now."

At that moment, a battle droid responded through the communications on board. "Roger, roger, Shuttle TC-159. You may approach and land."

I let a sigh of relief. Wrecker groaned. "I'd still rather blow it up."

"I have a feeling you'll get your chance." Tech commented.

As soon as we landed, we quickly made our way to the comm vault. Once inside, Echo turned to face Tech. "Tech, can you rig an interface?"

"I assume that's a rhetorical question." Tech retorted.

Tech then got to work, Echo turned to face Areria, Anakin, and me. "We should make sure this comm vault has no other entrances."

"I'm on it." Anakin replied.

With that, Anakin, Wrecker, Crosshair, and Hunter left the comm vault, inspecting the area. In a matter of seconds, Echo was able to get into the system.

"All right, I have access to everything and good timing. I just scanned a strategy request Trench sent to the Techno Union." Echo mentioned.

Before Echo could do anything, Tech stopped him. "Wait. You can't just send a signal from here."

"Why not?" Echo asked.

"Tech's right. We have to make it appear as if your signal is coming from Skako Minor." I pointed out.

"The General's correct. Otherwise, they'll know we are here." Tech agreed.

Echo gave us a nod. Tech then got to work, using his datapad to mask Echo's signal. Once Tech had finished, Echo gave Trench a strategy. Hunter then entered the room along with Anakin. After a few moments, Tech spoke up. "I'm intercepting a transmission. Trench is ordering all of his droids to the assembly complex."

Hunter narrowed his eyes. "All right, Echo, what are you trying to pull?"

"Don't worry, that's what I told him to do." Echo mentioned.

"But our troops will be vastly outnumbered." Rex argued.

"Not when I send them a feedback pulse that shuts down all the droids." Echo informed us.

That was a smart idea. Not bad, Echo. Tech raised an eyebrow. "How do we know that's what you're really going to do?"

"We have to trust him." I advised.

"Storm's right." Anakin agreed. "Echo, we're all counting on you."

Echo gave us a nod before turning back to the system, keeping himself plugged into the socket before pressing some buttons. Anakin then contacted Master Windu through his comlink. "Master Windu, I know this sounds crazy, but it's about to get a little more crowded where you are."