Sleepless Nights {Edward}

Imagine..... 🛌❔💚

Your eyes slowly gazed upon the darkened room you awoke to find yourself in, completely confused, wondering how on earth you ended up in an unknown room, let alone an unknown bed

"Hello sleep head. Sleep well?" Your eyes fully opened from the sudden voice and gaze of Edward Nygma, feeling utterly worried. You didn't really remember a thing from the previous night. Just that you had left work, feeling happy that the day was finally over. But you certainly don't remember Edward being in the mix.

"Not really. It feels like I have been repeatedly smacked over the head. Or ran over." Your hands landed on the sides of your head, overwhelmed from the events unfolding around you. You were in Edward's place, somewhere you had been only a handful of times. You liked him. Sadly, you were just about the only one who did at work. You felt terrible for him.

"You had a pretty nasty accident. You clearly upset someone because when I found you, you were unconscious on the sidewalk." Your eyes widened in sudden terror, knowing already what it was about. Your brother was a known mobster around Gotham. He had plenty of enemies to go around and they were forever targeting you, considering you mean the most to him. Aside from his work of course. You were hoping to find a solution to this constant problem with someway to scare them away from you. With your brains, you were likely to figure that out. But maybe Edward finding you was a blessing. He was very clever and smart. He'd surely have some brilliant idea up his sleeve.

"Well you know my brother and his antics are starting to really work my nerves. This isn't the first time I've been attacked for his issues." Edward's look, unsurprisingly told you that he did know of him.

"Don't worry. I'm going to help you stop this. And by the time we're done, they won't even want to come anywhere near you." He smirked with some brilliant plan clearly reeling in his mind. You knew he was the man for the job.