Winning Performance {Oswald}

For: dontforgetmelondon ❤️ 🐧

Imagine..
Just breathe, just breathe, you kept telling yourself. You were getting ready to perform for the one and only Oswald Cobblepot, and your heart was beating so fast. You could see him sitting at one of the many tables in the club, with Butch, his henchmen of sorts.

You had never met Oswald personally. But Butch is the one that got you a audition. You used to work for Fish, performing for her club, and when everything changed, you got kicked out. But thankfully, Butch talked to Oswald about you, and he agreed to hear you sing.

You decided on (Y/S/C) to sing. And hopefully, it will blow Oswald away. Secretly, you had a crush on him. His waddle, the way he takes control, just him in general, made your heart skip a beat.

"Okay, (Y/N), you're up!" You heard Butch call you, instantly making your heart stop for second. You regained yourself, giving yourself a pep talk, walking onto the stage. You looked at Oswald, seeing him staring at you, his face not giving anything away.

You cleared your throat, starting to sing before you had second thoughts. You always get lost in any song you sing, feeling the music, swaying to it. You closed your eyes, smiling, singing your heart out.

When you opened them, you saw Oswald, a huge grin on his face, then he winked at you, you winking back. You blew away Oswald at the end, Oswald standing, applauding you. You couldn't believe it.

"Wonderful!" You blushed a little, walking down from the stage as Oswald met you halfway, grinning as your heart swooned from the mere thought of him actually liking you.

"Beautiful... Just like you." You grinned, feeling confident. Wow. What a day this has been.

"Why, thank you Mr. Penguin." Butch looked at you, then Oswald, wide eyed. You just kept grinning, challenging Oswald. At first he narrowed his eyes, then slowly smiled. Whew. You thought you were dead meat for a moment.

"Well, only telling the truth." You relaxed, smiling from his visible relaxation around you. He seemed clearly impressed. And you wouldn't let him down.

"Thank you for this chance Oswald." He simply smiled at you while he eyed you over, seeming pleased.

"You're welcome. Now, you better get your voice warmed up, I need you to perform tonight." Your eyes widened, getting excited. Did he just say what you thought he said?

"You mean I can work here?!" Oswald chuckled, shaking his head from your excitement.

"Of course. I can't let you go..." You jumped up and down, leaping into Oswald's arms for a hug. He caught you in his arms, holding you tight. You whispered in his ear.

"Thank you Mr. Penguin.." He lowered his mouth to your ear. You could feel him smiling.

"You're very welcome (Y/N).." You pulled back, seeing him holding a rose, making you smile.

"You just randomly pulled a rose from your pocket?" You looked behind Oswald, seeing Butch holding his hand over his mouth, hiding his smile. You grinned, taking the rose, smelling it. You kissed his cheek, not even believing how confident you felt. Oswald grinned, kissing your nose.

"Welcome to Oswald's Nightclub (Y/N)..."