Insanely Sane (Oswald)

Imagine..... 🐧❤️

"Hello Oswald

"Hello Oswald. It seems we run into each other a lot now a days. Huh...?" He simply looked up at you from the table with a wide eyed, crazed stare, a little smile planted on his lips as soon as you entered the room. You've actually known each other for a long time. Since you were little kids. But you became a cop and he went in the opposite direction of course. So it was hard to maintain any sort of relationship. Not that you haven't missed him though.

"Yeah. It does. But (Y/N), before you go all crazy cop on me..." You held your hand up as you looked towards the door of the room, making sure it was locked, when you noticed his eyes grow wider as you sat down across from him, smiling a tad.

"Oswald, I can assure you I'm not in here to knock you down for anything. You after all are still my friend. I don't care about our very different lives..." He sat back a little in his seat as he was taken off guard, not seeming to fully grasp that you weren't going full cop mode on him. You know you should. But you really couldn't bring yourself to do it. You care too much for him to even get him in any trouble.

 You care too much for him to even get him in any trouble

"I know Gordon will. See (Y/N), I truly am insane. My life differs from yours now. We are on different paths. Dark. And light. But I don't want to ever come back to the light. Nothing good comes from it anyway..." You sighed a little as you softly placed your hand over Oswald's on the table, his guard slowly starting to melt as he realized that you truly didn't want to do anything, softly smiling at him.

"I'm not judging you Oswald. Promise. I get it." He looked down a little at the ground, before back to you with a surprising little smile on his lips, making you grin. No matter how different things are with you guys, he's still your best friend. And you'd never give up on him.