Learning The Ropes {Selina}

Imagine...
Running down the alley, your heart racing, you kept looking ahead, hearing the man running after you, screaming.

"You little brat! How dare you steal from me! I'm calling the cops on you!" You ran and ran and ran, until someone grabbed your arm, dragging you down another dark alley, running with you. Surprised, you looked up, seeing another girl about your age, smiling slightly at you.

"Just stay with me!" You ran with the girl, laughing as you saw the man turn the corner, going in the opposite direction of you guys. When you got further away, the girl stopped, leading you up a ladder and through a window, into an apartment. You sighed, catching your breath, setting the bag of stuff you stole down. The girl folded her arms, smiling at you, an impressed smile.

"You stole all that stuff...?" You looked at her, shrugging, smiling slightly.

"Had to. Otherwise I'd starve." She looked at the bag, than you, grinning.

"You're good. I'm Selina Kyle. But everyone calls me cat." You grinned at her, looking around the apartment.

"I'm (Y/N) (Y/L/N). Is this your place?" She laughed slightly.

"Not exactly. Just a friends place that's away." You looked around, smiling.

"It's shelter. That's all that matters." Selina stared at you, clearly impressed.

"You roam also?" You sighed. Your parents were killed in a car wreck, leaving you an orphan. And you didn't want to be shuttled from home to home. So you ran away, surviving on the streets of Gotham. It's only been two weeks, but it feels like eternity.

"Yeah. Don't have a choice really. Either this or be in an orphanage. Yeah right..." Selina laughed slightly, shaking her head.

"Same. Gordon keeps trying to get me to go, but I told him no. He knows not to even try anymore." I smiled a little. He's the one that tried with you also. Nice guy. And his heart is in the right place. But nope. That's not the life for you.

"Yeah. It's not something I'd like. I'd much rather do this. And it's getting easier." Selina looked around, then back, smiling.

"You can stay here with me and my friend Ivy if you want. The more the merrier." You grinned, giving her a huge hug, taking her by surprise. She went tense. You slowly pulled back, slightly smiling.

"Sorry. Just got excited." She waved it off, smiling a little. You sighed, feeling relaxed for the first time in a while. You made a friend and got food and shelter all in one day. It's getting easier it seems...