Finally Back (Jim)

Imagine......

"Thanks for agreeing to work with me Jim

"Thanks for agreeing to work with me Jim. I know you've got Harvey as your partner as well. So I don't want to take up any space." Jim smiled at you as he patted your back, making you grin. It feels good to be back you thought as you looked around he GCPD, your second home.

You took off for a while after an attack on the station due to an injury. You of course wanted to come back the same day it happened, having gone to the hospital to be cleared of any serious things. But Jim wouldn't here of it. He even made sure you stayed home. And the one time you snuck in, or thought you had, he was waiting there for you at the door, his arms folded with a serious look on his face.

"I'm more than happy to have you back (Y/N). Trust me. I've missed you being around. When something goes down the first thing I think of is you and how you'd handle it. You'd go in without question and get the job done." You softly smiled at him as you instantly brought him into a hug, making him chuckle slightly from the tightness of it.

"I've really missed you too Jimbo. A lot. Sitting at home was driving me insane. So I couldn't do it anymore. I gotta get back out there. And with you by my side, we can definitely take this city by storm. Am i right Jim?" He grinned as he shook his head, you both slowly pulling back from one another as you looked around at all the other cops running around, a warm feeling shooting through you.

"It's good to finally have you back." You grinned at Jim as you double checked to make sure you had all your belongings on you, softly smiling. It feels good to be back....