Knowing Who You Were {Bruce} Part Two of Becoming Who You Are

Imagine.....🦇💕

You left the GCPD with the worlds biggest sigh coming from your tired mouth, feeling as if the day had been the longest in your life

You left the GCPD with the worlds biggest sigh coming from your tired mouth, feeling as if the day had been the longest in your life. You loved your job. But it was tiresome being a cop. Now you don't understand how Jim has done it all these years. But then again, he is the best out there.

And as you took your badge off and headed for your car to make the journey home, you felt a sensation. Something you hadn't felt in a long time. Like someone was watching you. But not in a menacing way. Like they could attack you at any given time. This was different. It felt.... protective. Safe. Like you would be alright walking the streets at night. Knowing there was something out there.

Bruce Wayne. You know that was him. You just knew it. You hadn't seen him in so many years. Not since you had left Gotham to clear your head. You wanted a fresh start. But you couldn't just not come back here. It's like you knew you'd come back some day. You found out there was so much more in this world. More hero's. All over the world. But yours was back in Gotham. You knew someday Bruce would become what he was destined to be.

He was always good as a protector. And solving anything put in front of him. He's strong willed. And very hard headed. He would go at anything and never stopped. You two were unstoppable. Like a duo of sorts. You missed it.

"I just wanted to make sure you got safely to your car." You jumped from your thoughts to see Bruce suddenly standing in front of you, his eyes shining brightly with a happy smile forming on his handsome face, making you grin. You really did miss this guy. More than you had originally realized. And now, you two weren't kids anymore. You both never really were to be honest. But you had each other. And that was enough.

"Why thank you Mr. Wayne. How thoughtful of you." He looked you over seeming really happy to see you back here. Before you left, things were.... complicated. You always were complicated with each other. You both were too grown for your own good and he was so hard to deal with at times.

He's so reserved and hard to read. But you knew he had a heart of gold. He cared. Very much. This you knew very much. He'd always been there for you through thick and thin. He knew you needed a friend. And your bond was formed. And it became something more after you had kissed. But you didn't know exactly what that more was.

It happened so long ago. But it made you feel something that you never had. Even to do this day. And now, he's become a hero to Gotham. They didn't know how to fully handle him yet. If he truly was going to do good or bad. But you knowing Bruce the way you did, you knew he'd do nothing but good. He's got moral codes. And you'd always back him up. Always.

"I see you've joined the GCPD after all. Smart move on their part." You grinned up at him. When you suddenly flung your arms around him in a tight embrace. Alfred must have told him when you came back into town. That's why he came and found you that night on the roof. He knew exactly where you were.

Alfred was the first person you saw once getting back here. You couldn't help but stop at Wayne Manor. You missed them terribly. And Alfred was always the father you never had. He helped raise you as well as Bruce. He's a true soldier for taking on two kids. And you were always grateful for that.

"I've missed you Bruce...." He felt him smiling as he tightly hugged you back, his embrace feeling so natural.

"I've missed you too (Y/N)..... " You grinned just thinking of all the happy memories. More than the bad. And you never forgot them. You never could. And being back here brought it all back in full force. And now he's Batman, as everyone is calling him. Oh how much you two have grown...