thirty-one

The calm spring day casted a gentle setting onto the environment. The sun beaming brightly, not over bearing, as it gave a rather nice feeling into the atmosphere.

Many students decided to sit outside during lunch break to enjoy this cool, inviting air. Everyone laughing and chatting in their friend groups while others sat silent enjoying the air or thinking upon many different things.

Jimin was one of those many students as he sat alone, slumped against a tree, shading him from the sun. Just like those students he was thinking; more so deep in thought of one specific person.

You.

Jimin is worried.

Believe it or not, he was so worried that he immediately called taehyung asking him if you were okay. Taehyung didn't give jimin much feedback. So, he patiently waited for taehyungs response. When taehyng messaged jimin telling him that you were safe and in bed. Jimin has never felt so relieved in his entire being when reading that message.

She was safe.

She has taehyung.

Stop stressing.

But jimin couldn't stop worrying, no matter how many times he tells himself this. Jimins conscious knew not to believe those words, until he sees you himself then he would ease up. Jimin was tempted to visit you or even show up to one of your classes, but meeting you was not a option considering that you both aren't friends and the interactions you both experienced were always painfully unbearable.

You both always clashed and jimin can honestly admit he was at fault. If he had a normal conversation with you then none of this awkwardness would be a problem. Jimin bullying you wouldn't have to be the most evident thing if jimin hadn't caused it. Jimin reflecting on his past mistakes made him feel so terribly guilty.

Jimin sighed, taking a slow gulp of his soda, licking his bottom lip of the little droplets that sat on his lip. He hummed at the taste of the sweet sugary liquid and took another gulp, but the soda can was suddenly out of his grasp. He glared up at the thief, wanting to punch this intruder but held back. His brows furrowed in confusion, looking to his side as the person took the space next to him. Jimin eyed him for a second, gaze then falling onto the grass as he picked at it.

"Aren't you supposed to be with your other friends?" Jimin asked, tone bored, staring up into the clear sky.

Jaebum let out a dry laugh, "Am I not your friend, jimin?"

"Far from it"

Jaebum laughed at jimins bitter response and handed back his beverage. "I saw you alone and came to check up on you"

"You checked, now leave" jimin said with his eyes closed, not even bothered by jaebums offense look. He knows how blunt and forward jimin is so why the sudden approach? Jimin is reminded that his friends are friends with jaebum, but that never gave jimin the impression of them being friends. So, seeing jaebum sit next to jimin is rather odd. Jimin didn't understand why the boy was suddenly being buddy-buddy with him, unless...the boy wants something.

This quirked jimins curiosity, side eyeing jaebum. Jimin heaved out a annoyed sigh and turned to face jaebum. Jimin took in jaebums serious gaze, most likely glaring at him. Jimin stared back with a hard, blank face as if waiting for jaebum to speak. His eyebrow raised almost challenging jaebum to talk, but jaebums pride won't let him submit. In order to get answers he has to gain jimins trust. Which jaebum initially thought would be impossible but jimin may know more than he lets on. Jaebum had a quest and to conquer this plan he had to gain trust to the most notorious badboy, yet insightful person he knows. Best be known jimin knows a lot of dirty shit that goes on in this school. So, Jaebums hard glare soon softens and moves his gaze to his lap.