fourteen

"Well you sure are deep in thought" you jumped at the sudden voice by your ear and let out a breath.

"Whats wrong?" Jaebum asked and sat down on the stool next to you. Your cheek burned and you smiled at him trying not to stumble on your words.

"Nothing. I didnt sleep well that's all" you weren't necessary lying, the past few nights you couldn't sleep. You had the same dream about that girl you saw and you just been trying to figure out who is she.

Jaebum nodded and placed his hand on yours. "If theres something bothering you, you know you can always talk to me" he said sincerely and you gave him a reassuring smile.

The teacher soon arrived walking in dramatically as always. You laughed as you saw her huff, bags and all in her arms. "Good morning class" she shrieks. The rest of of the class all greeted and smiled at your crazy teacher. Her being the art and drama teacher made everything fun and made your mind relax.

But so you thought.

"Class we have a new student joining us today" she said "Sky please come in" and soon the door opened.

A girl came in, her small frame walking up to your teacher. You could not see her face as it was covered in a oversized hoodie. Without your teacher asking the girl took off her hoodie and tucked her fallen strand hair behind her ear.

"Everyone this is Sky bristene. I hope you all treat her right, because you all know we are like family in this classroom."

You gasped and everyone turned around to look at you. You ignored them and stared at the girl wide eyed. Jaebum looked between you and the girl but said nothing, he was curious to know who this girl was to you.  Sky  looked at you and smiled. You did not smile back instead you got up from your seat and left the classroom.

You ran quickly up the stairs and found yourself up on the schools roof. You breathed heavily as you tried to control your breathing. You felt your chest tightened and your  hand started to shake. Your breathing became heavy coughs, you placed your hand on your chest and squeezed your eyes shut.

You fell to ground and curled yourself into a ball. You weren't sure if you were crying or not but you felt your whole body shake.

"Shhh, y/n. Its okay. Calm down, im here" you didnt know when Jaebum came, but he held you in his arms and rocked you back and fourth, soothing you with sweet words. It helped and soon your body relaxed in his. You gripped on his shirt tightly, you didnt want him to let you go. You were afraid that if he did you would panic again.

Your body relaxed more just by Jaebums touch. You sighed and looked at him. He looked down at you with sorrowful eyes. His jaw tight as well as his grip on you. Its been years since you had a panic attack, and this worried you.

Was it because of sky you felt like this? You weren't sure. But you were sure to stay far away from her. You didnt want her anywhere near you. She was the past. The past you fought so hard to forget. You won't let her be in your life again.

You heard shuffles of feet and the door to the roof slammed open. You couldn't see who it was but by the look that jaebum gave to the person gave you a feeling on who it was.

"Is she..okay" you heard the boy pant.

"Wouldn't you like to know" Jaebum growled and gripped onto your body tighter. Jungkook tried to take a step closer to you but halted as jaebum held up his hand.

"She doesn't need you right now, jungkook. Leave before you make things worse" he said glaring at the younger boy.

Jungkooks head fell and he looked at you and winced. He didn't like seeing you in pain. Now that he switched classes and his in your art class. He saw your reaction when you saw her. He wore the same expression as you.  When he saw you ran off, on instinct, he ran after you. Turning around, he walked up to the door and gripped onto the handle. He didn't want to leave, he knew the consequences but he couldn't leave you. Not again.