twenty-three

The stories of how people meet their lover, always seemed to make others envious and slightly jealous.

Wishing to have met a perfect man or women and have the most amazing love story sounds so cliché right? No relationship is perfect and no person is perfect. People always have an ideal type or date they assume to want and it's not wrong to idealize, but none of that really matters.

Thinking that everyone's life was a fairy tale and that when people meet their partner was fate. But what if those stories were all lies? Would people still believe in them?

Seeing as fairy tale was much more magical than reality. That's the fun thing about 'happily ever afters' isn't it? They let children witness it from a young age and children believe it.

Xai knew those were all lies.

Fairy tales were absolute bullshit to her. Falling in love is the most scariest but beautiful feeling you could muster. She would know.

Xai walked with slow heavy steps outside the school building. It was the end of the school day and she waited outside the school building for you.

She stood, looking down at the ground and deep in her thoughts. She thought about Jackson, how much she had fucked up, but she would not dwell on that any longer. In time, she will talk to Jackson when he felt he was ready to. How just a simple drunk kiss turned out to maybe ending her relationship with the love of her life.

Xai and Jacksons meeting might have been fate, but she doubted that it was like a fairy tale. Others might think that they were a perfect couple, have no arguments and always got along. Xai laughed humorously at how falsely wrong they were.They were not perfect and that settled well with her. She would rather be imperfect than perfect.

Xai stood silently, mind swirling, she stood up straight and waited for you. After a while of waiting, you soon came out of the school building.

You stomped harshly onto the concrete ground, your cheeks and eyes puffy. You walked quickly not noticing Xai running after you. Xai grabbed your shoulder to stop you, but you hit her hand away from you.

"Y/N!" Xai called and you stopped in your tracks. Taking long deep breaths, you slowly turned around and faced your curly head friend.

Your head was slightly down, your hair hiding your face, to not let your friend witness that you were crying.

Xai walked up to you and placed her hands under your chin, for you to face her. Xai gently lifted up your head. She frowned as she looked at your cheeks that stained with tears, eyes puffy and your nose red.

Xai examined your state with a raised brow and gently wiped a fallen tear. You pulled Xai into you and hugged her tightly. You sobbed loudly into her chest, chest heaving heavily, you felt Xais hold on you tightened and she caressed your hair.

"Why do I have to always suffer!" You shouted, voice cracking as you sobbed louder.

Xai didn't know how to respond in words. The only response she could give you was her comfort. It scared her to see you so shaken and it scared her more knowing that you weren't okay. You were never okay, you always pretended to be and Xai was stupid to not see how much you were hurting.

"Xai?" A voice called.

Xai looked up at the boy, not expecting to see him. You calmed down in Xais arms, sniffing, you looked up at your friend with glossy eyes, but Xai pushed your head back onto her shoulder.

"I can't talk now, I'm busy" Xai said softly and looked up at the boy she longed to see.

"Y/N!?" A panicked Bambam came running towards you. Jackson pulled him back by his collar and nodded at Xai. Jinyoung waved at Xai, pulling  Jackson and Bambam to his car. "Let's go. Its none of our business"