twenty

Jimin and namjoon sat on the swings, eyes wide and mouths agape.

Namjoon unconsciously dropped his cigar on the ground. He didn't take note as he was too focused on what will unravel between the two boys.

Jimin got up from the swing and walked towards the raven haired boy. Jimin smiled lightly at the boy and patted his shoulder. "Jungkook-ah, how you feeling?" Jimin asked.

Jungkook stared at the spot where jimin patted him. His eyes lingered there for a while until he glared up to jimin. Jungkooks dark orbs piercing at jimin.

"Hyung" jungkook said lowly. "Are you in love with Y/N?"

Jimin panicked in that moment. Although he and jungkook were best friends, he did not want jungkook to know how he felt towards you. Jungkook has already confessed his love for you to jimin. Jimin could not betray his best friend by getting with you, that's why he did what he did. He had to make you hate him.

Jimin was the only one who knew about jungkooks love for you. He knows what jungkook did to you and jimin knew the reason as to why jungkook did that.

Instead of telling his best friend the truth, he smiled painfully at his younger friend. "No jungkook. I'm not in love with y/n" jimin lied.

Namjoon sighed disapprovingly behind jimin. Jimin knew namjoon would be upset, but he could not bear the thought in losing his best friend.

Jungkooks jaw clenched, his hands in a tight fist and eyes narrowed.

"Don't lie to me, jimin"

"I'm telling you the tru-"

"Bullshit!" Jungkook shouted. "I heard you! How can you do this to me?!" Jungkook said and shook his head.

Jimins head hung low shamefully. "I'm really sorry, kook" jimin whispered, "but I can't help how I feel."

"I don't want your stupid ass apology." Jungkook said harshly. "You...of all people" jungkook muttered. He turned around and walked back and forth on the spot he stood. His hands behind his head as he tried to calm down.

"Kook" namjoon called, slowly approaching the boy.

"You need to calm down." namjoon said sternly. Namjoon looked at jungkook blankly, no emotion written on the handsome mans face. Well, that's what jungkook could read but deep down he knew namjoon was concerned.

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down. You knew about this!"

"I didn't know you were also in love with her" namjoon responded calmly.

"Yeah, but he did," jungkook said, pointing towards jimin. "He betrayed me."

Jungkook stomped towards Jimin. He pulled off his silver necklace and threw it in jimins face. "This friendship is over."

Jimin picked up the broken necklace and looked up to see jungkook gone. "Jungkook, wait!" jimin called after the boy and ran after him. Jungkook ran into the house and bumped into you, almost making you drop the mugs in your hand.

"Jungkook. Hey, why you running!" Jungkook ran out the front door ignoring you. You looked at the door with a confused expression and slowly turned around only to bump into someone again. "Sorry, y/n. I got to go" jimin said and sped off. "Hey, wait- Jimin!" You called, but he was long out the door already.

You placed the mugs on the kitchen counter and got a cloth to clean the mess jimin made. You bent down and wiped the spilled coffee. You heard footsteps walking and you looked up to see namjoon rushing to put his shoes and jacket on.