twenty-one

You slept soundlessly, holding taehyung tightly. Taehyung stirred in his sleep, rubbing his eyes as he sat up slowly, careful to not wake you.

He grabbed his phone to check the time and winced at the bright light. The time was '4:45am'. Taehyung sighed and placed his phone back on the counter, laying back down on his back.

He stared at the ceiling mindlessly. Turning his head towards you, he smiled softly. Your head was laid on taehyungs arm, using his arm more as a pillow than using your own pillow.

Taehyung turned his body into you and pulled you closer to him. You stretched your arms up, your long sleeves pulled up and exposed your now bare arm.

Taehyung frowned as he stared down at your arm. He thought he was seeing things when he spotted long cuts on your arm. Carefully, he placed his finger on your fresh scar that has still have yet to heal.

He glared at your arm. He didn't know you have been hurting yourself like this. Its bad enough that he noticed you starving yourself, but hurting yourself he could not withstand.

He placed his warm hand on your chubby cheek and brought his head to yours.

"Please don't hurt yourself anymore. I promise I'll protect you" taehyung whispered, voice raspy as he pleaded your unconscious form.

Taehyung kissed the top of your head and got up from your bed. He tucked the blankets securely on you, before grabbing his shoes and his backpack.

Taehyung opened the door and left your room, closing the door softly.

__

Your alarmed blared.

You groaned and tapped the snooze button. You pushed the blankets from your head, sat up and rubbed your sandy eyes. "Taehyung its time to get up" you muttered, hoarsely.

"Tae-" you whipped the blankets off. Your eyes saddened to see your bed empty. You were hoping to have breakfast with Taehyung before leaving to go to school.

"Maybe I can buy him some coffee and a muffin" you mumbled in thought as you got up to go to your bathroom.

After washing yourself, you dressed yourself putting on a black tracksuit pants and a long sleeve baggy  sweater. You brushed your hair and left it loose, before putting on your sneakers and grabbing your beanie.

You grabbed your backpack and hurriedly ran down the stairs to get to a café nearby.

"Y/n!" Your mom called from the kitchen and you stopped in your tracks. You walked into the kitchen, "yes mom. Whats wrong?" You asked your mom.

"Wheres taehyungie?" Your mom asked. Her large eyes gazing at you as she prepared breakfast.

You shrugged, "probably at school, so I have to go. Love you,mom" you said, kissing your moms cheek and quickly leaving.

"But y/n-" you mom was cut off by you slamming the door shut behind you.

___

You arrived at school.

With thirty minutes to spare. You walked to your class. Taehyung should be here, you thought. You opened your classroom door and was relieved to see Taehyung there. You were about to approach the boy when you heard giggling. Your chest tightened to see Sky with Taehyung.