chapter 58

January 2018

The bar was being hired out for a special occasion. Rosalie always enjoyed these because all attendees were always interesting or famous. Of course she never knew who any of them were but they always got too drunk and told her all their secrets.

"Nicholas, what do we have tonight?" She asked, tying up her apron. Nick gave her a smile as he pulled a pint. It was already getting busy, a lot of beautiful people were sauntering around in fancy dresses.

"Models, not sure why they're having a party but any excuse." He shrugged. "It's your last night though now that you're too good for us." He nudged her as she started making shots for a girl who looked like she had had too many already.

It was true, Rosalie had quit her job at the bar now that she was being hired regular enough for her photography that she didn't need to work there. On top of that, she had decided to risk it all and work full time on her project in hopes that some gallery somewhere would take it.

She was excited for it, she had already shot in London with Alexa Chung which was only mildly awkward but her agency had told her about the idea and she really wanted to get involved. Then she had travelled to Paris for a weekend with Michaela Thompsen, that was weird because it was the first time she had been back to France since she had moved away at 18. The whole weekend she didn't speak a word of English, her brain was so confused when she came back.

Now she was doing one last night at the bar before she went off to New York and then LA to shoot with some other models. It was the most travelling she had ever done in her life and she was having the most fun she had ever had in her life.

"Hey, can I get three tequila slammers?" Someone brought her out of her conversation with Nick.

"Of course." She got out the bottle of tequila and looked up at who she was serving. The girl had a round tanned face and a dress that barely covered her on. Her eyes squinted at Rosalie as she watched her pour the liquid.

"Do I know you?" She wondered. Rosalie looked at her again and shook her head, she didn't know where this girl was from at all.

"Don't believe so, maybe you've seen me here before." She replied. The girl laughed slightly.

"I doubt that. I'm Gabby" she held her hand out for her. Rosalie took it, quickly shaking it before grabbing some lime slices and salt.

"Rosalie." She replied as Gabby handed her card and she tapped it onto the screen.

"Rosalie?" She repeated to which Rosalie nodded. Her eyes looked as if she had realised something.

"Oh, you're that photographer that's hiring all my friends!" She burst. "What on earth are you doing here!" She was laughing now as her friends slammed the tequila shots.

"I work here but this is my last night." She told her. Gabby squealed and did her shot. Rosalie assumed the conversation was over but then she felt Gabby grab her arm.

"What time do you finish?" She asked.

"Midnight" Gabby squeezed her arm which made her slightly uncomfortable. She didn't know this girl.

"Come and join me when you finish. We'll celebrate your last night!" She suggested. Rosalie immediately went to decline but Gabby just squeezed her arm again. "I'll see you in a bit!" She laughed before running away.

"Made a new friend?" Nick teased once Rosalie was released.

"Does being a recognised as a photographer in a grungy soho bar mean I've made it?" Rosalie laughed, Nick laughed with her as he couldn't tell if she was being serious or not. "Anyway, I'm off at midnight and will be partying the night away with my new model friends." She did a small spin which made him laugh again.