chapter 2

January 2017

You're five minutes late." Her boss, Charlie, informed as she walked through the backdoor of the bar. Sarah thought she would have enough time to get home to Stratford and then back to Soho in time for work but she severely underestimated how long it would take her to get ready.

"Sorry." She mumbled, putting her stuff away quickly and putting her apron around her waist. "Is Rosalie working tonight?" She asked. Charlie nodded.

"Yes, until ten I believe." He answered. That didn't fit right with Sarah, Rosalie usually finishes at eleven like her.

She spotted her as soon as she walked behind the bar. Rosalie was a petite girl, ten years younger than Sarah but one of her closest friends. On this particular night, her long caramel hair wait tied up in a ponytail and she had her usual look of simple make up, a low cut black t shirt and jeans on.

"Oi" Sarah called to her, slapping her bum as she walked past. "How comes you get to leave early today?" The bar wasn't too full yet so Rosalie was just putting glasses away from the dishwasher.

"Got to be at the club at midnight" she answered. Sarah didn't ask her to elaborate, no one asked Rosalie about the club because they knew she wouldn't talk. She knew what it meant but followed the rule nonetheless. "How was your audition?" She asked, leaning against the bar.

"I got it." She answered. Rosalie's eyes widened and Sarah lunged at her. "You can't tell anyone, Charlie will hang me out to dry if he finds out from anyone else." She warned.

"Ok Ok" she held her hands up and smiled, happy for her friend. Rosalie was the only person she had told about the job opportunity at work but she hadn't told her who the job would be for.

"My new coworkers are coming in later on." She told her. "I think you'll like them." With a wink, Rosalie was rolling her eyes. Sarah was always trying to set her up with people as she was 'pretty and needed to enjoy her youth'.

"If you give any of them my number I will personally tell Charlie about where you've been all day." She threatened. Sarah laughed, making herself a Coke quickly and shoving a straw in it.

The bar started to get busy a while later, neither Sarah nor Rosalie noticed Harry slip into the room. Sarah was busy serving customers and Rosalie wasn't paying attention when he approached the bar and ordered a drink. She just made the drink and took his money.

Harry on the other hand, had taken in Rosalie's full image. The way her body moved like a dance as he made his drink, the way her eyes never met his as her mind was clearly full of other things. It had struck him though, harder than he would've liked.

"Sarah." He yelled over the bar when she came close enough. Sarah looked up and smiled at the boy.

"Hey, what can I get you?" She asked but then noticed he already had a drink in his hand.

"Oh, Mitch will have a pint of whatever you suggest." He smirked at her. Sarah nodded, her eyes searching for the tall man that was due to arrive at any moment.

"Coming right up." She nodded, turning around to pull a pint for him. On her way, she grabbed Rosalie's side and whispered in her ear. "Tall man, black jacket, brown curly hair." She described Harry. Rosalie's eyes looked for him and eventually landed on the subject.

"You're crazy." She laughed. Sarah shrugged and pulled the pint. When she arrived back to Harry, Mitch was stood by his side. Rosalie watched from putting away more glasses as Sarah's face lit up as she spoke to the men.

Harry and Mitch were joined by a few other familiar faces to Sarah, who spoke to them whenever she had a free moment. They sat or stood around the bar mingling with one another.