chapter 16

April 2017

Harry felt like he'd fucked up a bit. He wanted to text Rosalie after their date but the embarrassment of pussying out of the kiss prevented him from ever pressing send on the dozens of messages he had typed out.

So, he decided to go to the club the week after. His intention was to go, sit at the bar until three and then walk her home. He got there at two am and went straight to the bar. By now he was an expert at protecting himself from the girls.

Rosalie saw him as she was giving a lap dance to someone, her heart began pounding blood and nerves around her body. She prayed he didn't turn around, he wouldn't be able to witness it and she wouldn't want him to.

She needed back up and the only person she trusted was Candy. Immediately after the middle aged man had stuffed his money in her underwear she got off him and started to search for her friend.

It didn't feel the same anymore after that night, it had been about a week and she realised she would have to go back if she was going to earn enough to move out soon. As much as the thought of a man's hands on her freaked her out, she felt the need to firm it.

You see, her plan was to wait until Jordan was out of the house one day and move Lola out to the other side of London where he couldn't find her. She had discussed it with Lola, trying to get her point across that Jordan wasn't good for her but the poor girl was too disassociated to even know what she was saying.

"Candy." She grabbed her arm as her other hand shoved the money in her jar. Candy grabbed her immediately to check if she was ok.

"What's wrong?" She asked. Rosalie shook her head to show that she was fine. It was going to take a while to get everyone to stop asking her if she was okay.

"I know we don't share personal things but I need your help" she chewed her lip and begged that Candy would look past the masks just for tonight. To her relief, she nodded immediately.

"What's up?" She asked. Rosalie looked around for prying eyes and open ears before she continued.

"There's a man at the bar, he's tall with brown curly hair. I don't know what he's wearing but it's probably casual. I went on a date with him the other day and now he's here, he knows I'm here and I just don't know what to do." She rambled. Before Candy could reply, a girl or actually sprinted in with a wide smile.

"Harry Styles is back, ladies!" She burst. Rosalie's face deflated noticeably to Candy and it clicked immediately. She wasn't dumb, she could read people like a book and it was obvious what was going on.

"Its him?" She gasped quietly. Rosalie gave her a worried look but Candy shook her head and comforted her.

"Don't worry. I've got this. Do you like him?" She asked. Rosalie shrugged. "Does he like you?" She asked to which Rosalie shrugged again. "Okay" she nodded before walking back out into the club.

Harry spoke to the bartender nicely, he seemed like a nice guy who didn't really get a lot of action unless one of the girls ordered for the men they were seducing. Having Harry there constantly seemed quite a relief to him.

"Who are you waiting for again?" He asked him in passing. Harry thought about it for a moment but decided that Rosalie probably wouldn't want her real name out there.

"Cherry." He answered. The bartender's eyebrows raised as if that was news to him.

"Oh I didn't realise she was back" he said quietly but Harry caught it. He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Back from what?" He asked but the bartenders eyes had moved to a figure next to him.

"Hello." A voice appeared next to him. He looked at the woman and shook his head.