chapter 57

December 2017 / January 2018

On the thirty first of December, Rosalie made her way to the same house she did every year. Despite this year fooling her into thinking there might be a change, she was stupid to believe that she wouldn't be stood on Connor's doorstep with a bottle of Prosecco and his favourite doritos in her bag.

"There she is." His crooked smile beamed at her as the door opened. "You had me for a second princess." She laughed, taking a step towards him.

"Had me too for a second." She muttered before pulling him in for a kiss. Connor slammed the door behind them and pressed her up against the wall.

It was the first time she'd slept with someone since Harry and she tried to focus but her mind raced. Connor knew what she liked, she knew that he would be able to get her off easily but the intensity she had with Harry was almost certainly not going to be replicated.

It was a step back from her focusing on herself but a girl has needs and she just needed to feel wanted again.

"Fuck, I have missed you." Connor breathed as they collapsed onto his sofa. The other difference was that he never took his time, it was always hungry and head board rattling with Connor. Harry had shown her the slow, seductive, passionate sex that had her shaking within minutes.

Connor had started pounding her and all she could do was compare him to Harry. As much as she didn't want to, she closed her eyes and imagined it was him instead. It felt awful, the guilt rising as Connor was just doing what he knew worked and she was enjoying it. She came hard though, knowing it wasn't because of him but her imagination.

"Seems like you missed me too." He chuckled as he collapsed on top of her. Rosalie tried to catch her breath and nodded.

She watched as he walked to the kitchen to get them something to drink. He was a good looking lad and nice, always nice. A completely fuckboy but the ones who take care of you during, they're the dangerous ones if you don't spot them. Rosalie had known him a long time though, if feelings were going to develop they would've already.

"How much shitty sex did you have without me?" She asked, turning on the tv to watch the countdown. Connor broke many of his rules with Rosalie, letting her stay over, wear his clothes and see him more than once. He had a soft spot for her as she was too damaged to ever formulate feelings.

"Too much. You're unforgettable babe." He kissed her loosely as he sat next to her, handing her a drink. His eyes widened as she then downed it. "Really did a number on you huh? Hope I wasn't too much of a disappointment in comparison." Rosalie shook her head as she filled her glass up.

"Of course not." It was lie but she wasn't about to knock Connor down for the sake of it.

They watched the TV in silence for a while, finishing a whole bottle of Prosecco between them. Rosalie closed her eyes, feeling the alcohol move the room around her and smiled. Connor put his arm around her and kissed her head in order to comfort her, she looked like she needed it.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked out of the blue. Her eyes opened to meet his. They did this sometimes, vented to each other. It was easy as they didn't know any of each other's friends so it was like an empty vessel.

"I'm fine." Her voice cracked and suddenly she was crying. "Shit, sorry Connor." She quickly wiped her eyes but the tears kept coming. "Shit." She repeated over and over again.

"Don't apologise, it's alright." Connor wiped away her tears, kind of surprised that she had managed to find someone to let her open up a bit to feel these things. "Maybe this was too soon."