chapter 26

May 2017

Harry set up the phone and sat leaning forwards so he could focus on what was being said. He had a meeting with his management via the phone and then multiple video call interviews since his album was coming out on Friday and he was flying out to LA on Sunday.

"So the tour dates will be announced on Saturday." Jeff explained. The meeting was mostly for his management to discuss and for him to listen, of course he could ask questions or make suggestions but they knew him well enough to make decisions he agreed with.

"Are we announcing them all at once or staggered?" He asked, sitting back and pulling his purple dressing gown tightly around him.

"Staggered. We'll do US and Australia first, make UK and Europe sweat a bit." Jeff chuckled and a wave of other laughs flowed through the phone.

Out of the corner of his eye, Rosalie appeared. She had stayed the night after he had picked her up from work at the bar on Wednesday night. She knew he had work to do that morning so she was silent as she made her way to the kitchen. Harry zoned out of the conversation and watched her, his head leant against the back of the sofa to get a better view.

"Harry, Emma is going to sort out your fittings and details for the Dunkirk premiere." He was told, referring to his assistant Emma who did a lot for him and was fantastic at her job.

"Are you going alone?" Emma's voice appeared in the call. Harry looked away from the kitchen and back to the phone where they awaited his answer.

"I'll have to get back to you on that one. I haven't asked my potential date yet." He smirked to himself.

"Okay. If you're going to bring a date I need to know who it is and we need to set up a call with her so we can go over the rules and do a background search." His publicist rambled on and he was horribly reminded of what it was like to date him.

"Do we have to? It might scare the poor girl away." He whined but he knew that Rosalie and him had already gotten far without any help from his publicist but if he was going to bring her to a public eye some damage control needed to be done.

"We'll let you discuss it with her first. I'm guessing it's that girl you've been photographed with recently that's coming to LA with you?" Jeff had been surprised that Harry hadn't disclosed who she was sooner but Harry knew that once the public knew details about her, the swarm would begin.

"Her name's Rosalie." He told them.

Harry had of course, seen the articles and had been made aware by his publicist that the media were suspecting he was dating someone knew. He had told them basically nothing about her as he wanted Rosalie to disclose as much as she wanted to his team and the media. He wanted to her to have control over what the public knew about her. It would be a lot easier than other people as she was a private person and new very little people.

As if on cue, Rosalie entered the room again with a cup of tea in her hand. She tiptoed quietly over to Harry on the sofa and caught his eye quickly.

"Okay well we'll set up a meeting and try not to scare her too much." His publicist spoke as she put a mug down on the table. He blew her a kiss and she smiled, turning away but he reached out and grabbed her jumper, pulling her down onto his lap and cradling her as if she were a baby.

"Emma, have you updated my schedule while I'm in LA?" He asked, bringing his finger to his mouth to tell Rosalie to be quiet as she threatened to giggle.

"Everything's on your calendar." She answered. Harry laid back on the sofa and stroked Rosalie's hair, using her as a way of getting through the call. She was happy just to watch him.