chapter 33

May 2017

There were some days in LA, usually the weekdays where everyone Rosalie knew seemed to be busy. It was usually when Harry had to perform somewhere, he always offered for her to come but she always declined. She hadn't had the full taste of what being well known was and if she could prolong its arrival, she would.

There was one day in particular that decided to venture out to the busy streets, near the Santa Monica pier. Of course, she would rather do this stuff with Harry but it would be near impossible considering how famous he is. She didn't mind being alone, left to her own devices.

As she walked towards the ocean, she stopped by a tree and took in some fresh air. The beach was like they portrayed them in the movies. Hardly any beaches in England gave the same effect if any at all. Pulling out her Polaroid camera, she decided she would take some to show to Harry later on.

After walking along the beachside and being talked to by many people trying to get her to buy thing, she stopped to try and decide where to go next

After walking along the beachside and being talked to by many people trying to get her to buy thing, she stopped to try and decide where to go next. It was relatively early in the day but there were people everywhere. Some roller-skating or jogging but what she noticed was that there was a lot of couples walking.

It was rare that she noticed couples, she rarely noticed anyone at all but she found herself watching a lot of them as she stood against a lone palm tree. A lot of them were holding hands or had a loose arm wrapped around the other. Rosalie never considered public displays of affection her thing but she never really thought about it when she was with Harry, it kind of just happened.

She walked along the shops briefly before dipping into a few, she needed to buy some new bikinis and they seemed to have some for a decent price. A decent price for LA, which meant severely overpriced in her eyes.

Harry had never mentioned what they would do together so she decided she would try and get the touristy parts out of the way without him. Making her way back to one of Harry's cars that he had so graciously allowed her to drive, she started making her way to the Hollywood sign.

Parking was a nightmare as expected, her patience was not accustomed to driving there. Why couldn't every city have an underground like London, it would be so much easier for everyone. She managed to find parking about a fifteen minute away and with sweat pretty much everywhere, she made her way to the sign.

It was pretty far away, kind of underwhelming at least to her but she appreciated the meaning it had to many people and everyone that seemed to be struck by it. She stared at it blankly for a while before walking away with nothing to report. Instead of admitting defeat and going back to the car, she decided to walk along the streets for a while.

As she was walking, a woman suddenly stepped out of a door and placed a sandwich board in front of her. Her eyes looked up and realised what had just happened.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." She spoke with a thick American accent, moving the sandwich board out of the way.

"No problem at all." Rosalie gave her a kind smile before taking a moment to read the sandwich board. "You're a café?" She wondered before the woman could walk back inside.