chapter 39

Rosalie walked as fast as she could in the hospital with Harry jogging after her. He was still in the dark about the whole thing but knew that she probably didn't want questions so he kept quiet and assisted when he could.

"Lola Matthews?" She asked a nurse, who pointed to a door and Rosalie spun around to Harry. "Do you mind waiting out here while I go and check on her?" She asked.

"Of course" he nodded. "Do you want me to find a doctor?" He suggested to which she simply nodded and walked through the door.

His foot tapped with nerves, he had no idea what was happening or what he was getting himself into. Taking a deep breath, he went to find a doctor.

Rosalie entered the room and her heart plummeted. Lola was asleep in the bed, surrounded by beeping machines. She swallowed hard before approaching her, she was covered in bruises. She shook her head quickly, the tears threatening to fall. Extreme guilt entered her body, how could she have left her without thinking something would happen.

"Oh lo." She sighed. "How did I let this happen?" She cried, wiping away her tears before holding her hand. Lola's eyes opened at the feeling of her touch, her eyes looked as lifeless as usual.

"Ro?" She croaked out and Rosalie immediately broke down.

"Lola, I'm so sorry I wasn't there." Lola stared at her in confusion and then a doctor walked in.

"Are you her emergency contact?" She asked, her eyes sympathetic. Rosalie let go of her hand and wiped her eyes quickly.

"Yes." She answered, the doctor's eyes quickly looked at Lola before landing on Rosalie.

"Could we have a chat outside?" She asked which was quickly met with a nod and they were walking out of the room. Rosalie gave Harry a small smile as she walked past him and he returned the expression. She followed her around the corner before the doctor turned around to speak to her.

"What happened?" She asked as soon as she stopped walking.

"She was brought in yesterday by a stranger who said they found outside of her house unconscious with many bruises. It looks as if she got beaten up quite bad but she's been...what's the right word." She thought.

"Hazy." Rosalie suggested and the doctor nodded sympathetically. "She's been in a pretty depressive state for a while now; it's just...her boyfriend isn't very nice." She sighed, feeling stupid for telling this doctor.

"Do you think he was the one who did this to her?" She wondered. Rosalie brought her hand to her forehead in stress.

"Well if he's not here then I would only assume" the anger was building now. "I wouldn't put it past him." She muttered.

"Well, she should be fine but we found extensive amounts of alcohol in her blood work so legally we have to recommend some sort of psychiatric treatment such as a rehab as it's been labelled as substance abuse." Rosalie just nodded because realistically, some time away from Jordan is what she has needed for months. "I'll let you discuss with her as well." The doctor put her arm sympathetically on her shoulder before walking away.

Rosalie walked back to Harry, who's foot stopped tapping as soon as she stood in front of him.

"You okay?" He asked, she shook her head. "Want a hug?" He asked, she nodded her head so he stood up and engulfed her in a hug. His big arms swayed her from side to side, he could feel her heart racing against his chest.

"I need to go and speak to her." She mumbled against him and he pulled away quickly. He analysed her face, tear stained and sad. His thumbs approached her cheeks, wiping her tears away before he placed a kiss to her forehead.