chapter 41

June 2017

"Surprise!" Harry's voice made Rosalie jump from behind the bar. It was a Wednesday, so she had worked all day and was looking forward to her night off.

"Hey" she smiled when she saw it was him, resting her arms on the bar top so she could get close to him. "Do you want a drink?" Her eyes ran over his outfit, a simple black trouser with a white t shirt and a fluffy cardigan around him.

"Aren't you finishing in a minute?" He wondered, climbing up onto a barstool.

"Yeah but i have time to serve you one drink if you want it." She pointed out.

"No can do, I'm taking you out." He grinned cheekily. Rosalie opened her mouth to reply but then she saw his eyes divert to behind her and his eyes squinted with suspicion.

"Hey, Rosalie." Nick was staring down his apron as he approached her, having not seen Harry yet. Rosalie turned away from him to answer Nick.

"Hey" she replied, knowing that she could leave now that Nick had taken over. Most days when this happened, she would stay for a minute and talk to him but she couldn't wait to go out with Harry.

"Got any plans this evening?" He asked, finally looking up and noticing Harry. "Oh shit, I guess you do." He laughed, unable to stop himself before he spoke. Harry stared at him, not knowing who he was and what relation he had to Rosalie.

"Harry." He held out his hand for him, Nick was slightly flustered by his presence but shook his hand nonetheless.

"Nick. I'm the one who covered for Rosalie when you whisked her away to LA." His joke made Rosalie laugh which Harry watched carefully. Rosalie started to take off her apron, letting the two men get acquainted.

"Then I'm forever grateful to you." He gave him a smile and nod.

"I think that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me." Nick exaggerated to make Rosalie laugh, she pushed him in the stomach playfully to tell him to shut up.

"Alright alright, I'm leaving now." She announced to mostly Nick but for Harry to hear as well. Harry slid off his stool, silently relieved.

"Ro, did you get the address I sent you?" Nick said loudly as she started to walk away. Harry's eyes squinted in confusion as she seemingly knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Yeah yeah, thank you. Have a good night" she called, running into the back to get her stuff. Harry didn't stick around to make small talk with Nick, he decided he would wait outside.

Rosalie jogged out and grabbed his arm to let him know she was there. Harry looked her up and down to see she was wearing black jeans and a camel coloured jumper. It wasn't too cold outside so she didn't regret not bringing a coat.

"You look cute." He smiled, leaning down to kiss her quickly. She played with the hem of his cardigan, feeling the material between her fingers.

"So do you, I like this." She complimented him, moving her hand to his t shirt. "Where are we going?" Her question earned the familiar Styles smirk she had grown to adore.

"Somewhere I think you'll like." He answered ominously, putting his arm around her shoulder to lead her to the car. "Hey, what was Nick talking about, he mentioned some address?" He asked when they were in the car. Rosalie chewed her lip, realising she was going to have to tell him.