"Maybe." She told him. "But I miss the man you truly are, the man you used to be. I suppose that's why I was constantly nagging you, about finding that certain someone.  I guess that's why I want so much, for things to work out for you and Cali.  She has a good soul. If anything could bring my real brother back from the dead, it would be your love for her. But maybe it's too late for that. Maybe she's too good for the monster you have become."

"Maybe I don't want her to save me." He said to her. "Maybe I want to corrupt her."

"As I've often said." Rosy replied. "Lie to yourself all you want, but don't lie to me. You and I both know that you want her to save you, even more than I do. By the way brother, just out of curiosity? How did you get here so fast last night?"

All of a sudden, the glass door opened, and Cali had made her way on the balcony. "We will discuss it later." He whispered to his sister.

"Good morning." Said Cali as she had a timid smile. Gabriel could feel his own face light up, as he stood up to greet her.

"Good morning, Songbird." He said to her. "You look lovely this morning." He then placed his hands upon her shoulders, and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Morning Cali." Rosy said as she smiled. "What a lovely outfit that you picked out for yourself this morning."

"Um, actually, Gabriel picked it out." She replied with a shy smile.

"How thoughtful of you brother." Rosy said in a sarcastically sweet tone. "Most men aren't that attentive with the women in their lives. Cali is so lucky to have you. Well if you two will excuse me, I'm going to finish packing."

"But we haven't had breakfast yet." Gabriel replied feeling annoyed.

"Suddenly, I lost my appetite." Rosy told him. She then stood up, and wrapped her arms Cali. His songbird seemed eager to reciprocate his sister's hug.

"Hang in there." She said to Cali. "You may be the only thing that can save this family."

As she left them alone, Cali had a confused look upon her face. "Um, I'm sorry. Did I, did I miss something?"

"It's nothing to concern yourself about." Gabriel replied, as he smiled at her. "Just sibling rivalries. Come, let's eat." The breakfast soon came, and the both of them ate hearty. They had to, they ended up splitting Rosy portion.

After a while, they all left for the airport, and headed back to Palermo. No one was really talking much, during the flight home. Though Rosy did make some small talk now and then with everyone, except for him, or Anton. She rarely ever talked to Anton, but this was the first time she had ever given Gabriel the cold shoulder. Oh well, she'll just have to get over it.

The limo ride from the airport, was even more silent. At least it gave him some time to deal with some necessary paperwork. Most people would have probably fond that boring, but it was probably what he enjoyed most about his line of work. At least he could pretend that he was a legitimate CEO, instead of mafia boss.

Also it gave him some time to think. Before meeting his songbird, architecture had been his passion. He had just purchased a private island off the coast of the Bahamas. Perhaps he could design a vacation home for Cali? One with a music room, and a studio just for her.

Maybe he could procure something in New York? Or maybe design a building himself? In all likelihood, Cali would probably want to visit New York often, and he always wanted to visit there as well. Maybe this was his opportunity? He would do anything to prove his devotion to her. All he wanted, was to make her happy.

The limo soon pulled up the the house, and Gabriel put his paperwork back in his briefcase. The chauffeur opened the car door, and proceeded to get the bags from the trunk.

"Anton." Said Gabriel. "Please escort Cali inside. I will be personally escorting Rosalina home."

"Yes sir." Replied Anton. "This way Miss Russo." He extend his hand, as Cali took it. But before getting out. She turned to look at Rosy.

"I really enjoyed getting to know you, Rosalina ." Said Cali. "I hope to spend a lot more time with you soon."

"I hope so too." Rosy replied. "By the way, the people that mean a lot to me call me, Rosy."

Cali looked at her and smile. "I'll see you soon Rosy." With that Anton helped Cali get out of the car, as they both made their way inside. Rosy had smiled back at Cali, but it instantly fell once she looked at her brother.

"You know brother dear." Rosy began. "It's really not necessary for you to escort me home."

"Oh but I insist, you and I have some unfinished business." He replied stoically, as the car drove away. Gabriel then dialed his smartphone, the person he was calling soon answered his call.

"We will there shortly." Gabriel told the person on the other end. He then quickly ended the call.

"Just out of curiosity, Rosy?" Gabriel asked. "How often do you sneak away from the guards, that I place around you, for your own protection?"

"That was my first time." She replied. Rosy had no emotion in her face, and she didn't even look at him.

"Right." He sighed, knowing full well she was lying. As the limo ride continued, neither of them said a word. They finally reached their destination, as they pulled up to an abandoned warehouse.

"What is this place?" Rosy asked with a horrified look in her eyes.

"A place where I do some of my—business." He replied. "You know, that you are one of the most important people in my life. You also know that I will never hurt you. This is always been one reality of our family business, that I tried to shelter you from. This was something I never wanted you to see. But now I know that was a mistake. Unfortunately, you need to know just how dangerous I am. You need to know how serious this business is, and why you can't just go making foolish decisions to suit your own selfish needs."

"Gabe?" She asked as she began to tremble. "What-what is this? Why have you brought me here?"

"I'm afraid there is something you have to see." He told her. They soon exited the limo, and he gently took his sister's upper arm, and walked her towards the building. It was breaking his heart, as he watched the frightened tears well up in her eyes. But he knew it had to be done.

As they made their way into the building, many of his men bowed their heads as they past them. As they continued walk through the warehouse, Gabriel could see the look of fear increase upon Rosy's face. He could also feel her pulse race, as he continued to grip her arm. They then stopped at a large swinging double door, as screams of agony could be heard bellowing throughout the warehouse.

"As I said before Rosy, you're my sister." He stated with a cold look upon his face. "I love you, and I will never hurt you. But there are consequences for you actions. And when you force my own men to fail me, they are the ones that have to pay."

With that he pushed opened the double doors. Rosy's eyes widened, as she screamed in terror. Sitting tied to a chair, was Victor. He had been beaten badly, and was bleeding profusely.

"Why?" Rosy cried. "How can you do this? How can you do this to another living being?"

"Because you forced my hand Rosy!" He cried. "Because of your reckless behavior, he failed me! He had to be punished. Because of your selfishness, he had to pay!"

*******************