Chapter 81: Look Who's Back In Town

Start from the beginning

"All of that only made this decision much easier. Now I'm sure you're all wondering how this will effect you. I've laid it out all here in these packets", I say retrieving them out of my bag.

I pass them out as they all blankly stare.

"You made us manuals?", my sister asks.

"It's more of a what to expect guide."

My father sighs, "Jennifer let's go out back and have a little talk."

"I need you to all get ready, we're having a visitor shortly", I say as I get up from the table.

"Are you out of your got damn mind storming in here like a hornet telling us this news."

"This isn't a shock. You've all known that this could be a possibly for some time now."

"Yes but now that you've become a traitor I don't think you really should."

I furrow my eyebrow, "Traitor?"

"Speaking ill of our President and the police. All of my buddies we're shocked to see you speak so harshly. Why would you defend that boy like that? The thug had it coming,those officers we're just doing their job."

I shake my head, "I will have this conversation with you. I didn't come here to argue. I'm here to say that like mine, your lives are going to change. We need to prepare for that. The media will try to dig up any and everything on you all to destroy me."

"We don't have secrets here. We've never changed. That was you."

"Sis there's people at the door that are dressed really weird ", Jared calls out.

**********

"Etiquette class? Now you want to train us like animals?"

"It's just some formal training on how to conduct yourself. I'm not exaggerating when when I say we will be under a microscope."

"This is all just so we won't embarrass you."

"I don't think that Jenn's intention. She cares about you all and wants to make sure you're prepared", Greg chimes in.

I signal for the host to start. "Ok let's begin. You have your salad fork, dinner fork, and dessert fork. Placed here you have your soup soup, dinner spoon, and dessert spoon."

"It's too many damn forks and spoons if you ask me. One fork, knife, and spoon is enough."

I sigh, "Dad please."

We begin eating as the host walk around the table examining how we hold our utensils. "Good, great, tilt it just a bit, you don't want to stab it."

I can tell everyone grows frustrated with the criticism, but we're not even half way there yet.

"Ok the next portion is attire."

My father gets measured and fitted for a suit, but from the grimace on his face I can tell he's less than satisfied. "I feel like a damn monkey in this suit."

"You all are doing great. It's almost over with", Greg says with a smile.

After hair and make up a photographer arrives to my father's dismay."All this just for a photo op.You're only bringing us into your life now because you need us. Your always using the people around you as steeping stones.

*********

Once the shoot is over I excuse myself outside for clear my head.

"Smoking those things you're going to end up like your grandfather", my mother walking behind me.

I turn around.

"Jenn I'm worried about you my dear is everything ok? You seemed on edge today. More than usual."

"I'm fine mother it's just a big moment in my life and career. I need everything to be perfect."

"Not everything can be perfect all the time Jennifer and that's ok." She pats my hand and goes back inside.

"How are you doing?", Greg says joining me.

I exhale, "Thanks for being there for me today. You kept me level headed."

"It's at least I can do."

I put out my cigarette, "Should I just put an end to this before it even begins? Today was a disaster."

"No. You've worked for this. We've worked for this. They'll fall in line."

"And if they don't?"

"They will", he says walking away.