49.5

"All rise," An officer orders. Everyone in the courtroom stands before the judge sits down. "Please be seated." Brian and Skylar are behind the big glass window as they watch Dom's case. As they sit, Brian wraps his arm around Skylar.

"Please rise, Mr. Toretto," The judge orders before Dom stands up. "I've listened to the testimony and taken into special consideration, Agent O'Conner's appeal of clemency on behalf of Mr. Toretto. That his actions directly resulted in the apprehension of known drug trafficker Arturo Braga. However, this judiciary finds that one right does not make up for a lifetime worth of wrongs. And as such, I find that I am forced to level the maximum sentence under California law." This angers Brian, causing him to leave the room. "Dominic Toretto, you are hereby sentenced to serve 25 years to life at the Lompoc maximum security prison system without possibility of early parole. This court is adjourned." Skylar feels tears start falling as Dom is led out of the room.

Skylar is standing in the garage when Brian walks in.

"We're going to break Dom out," Brian says causing Skylar to look at him shocked that he would be okay with it.

"It's a good thing that I already have a plan," Skylar says with a smirk before she kisses Brian. "How long do we have to prepare?"

"Two days," Brian answers her.

"Perfect," Skylar says before she pulls out her phone. Dom has told Skylar about some of his cousins or friends, that she knew would surely help.

TWO DAYS LATER

Dom is sitting on the bus that is taking him to the prison. There is nothing but open road between the bus and the prison. Not a car in sight. Brian is driving Dom's car as he follows behind Skylar with Tego and Santos behind him.

"There it is," Skylar says over the walkie before Brian pulls beside her. Skylar and Brian share a smirk before they both drive on either side of the bus. Dom glances out the windows to see the two black cars before he smirks. Skylar drives way in front of the bus on the opposite side of the road while Brian drives in front of the bus. Skylar quickly pulls her emergency brake helping her quickly turn into Brian's lane behind Brian, driving towards the bus. Skylar drives straight towards the bus causing the bus to swerve into the other lane. As the bus tries to correct itself, Brian hits his brakes causing the bus to hit him before the bus starts flipping. Brian quickly gets out of his car before going into the bus to get Dom.

"Thank god!" Skylar says as she runs over to Dom as he and Brian quickly get out of the bus. Skylar quickly hugs Dom.

"Lets get out of here," Brian says before Dom takes off with Brian and Skylar going together. They all agreed to meet up in Rio.

"Here's what we know so far. This is all the aftermath of a daring, daylight breakout. There was 26 high risk inmates being transferred. Everyone onboard had been accounted for, except for one, Dominic Toretto. Police have just released the identity of the person they believe to have orchestrated the shocking escape that amazingly resulted in no fatalities this afternoon. She is former federal agent, Skylar Hobbs. A fierce manhunt is underway for three fugitives tonight. Multiple federal and local agencies have joined forces in the search for Dominic Toretto and his accomplices Brian O'Conner and Skylar Hobbs. But despite every eye in the country looking for them where Toretto, Hobbs, and O'Conner are now is anyone's guess."

Brian is driving through the streets of Rio as Skylar looks over at him lovingly before touching his head affectionately, causing him to smile at her. Brian pulls up to the address they were given. Two kids sit on the trunk of the car in front of them. Brian and Skylar share a look before getting out of the car.

"It's got to be it, right?" Skylar asks as she looks around. Brian holds Skylar's hand as the walk up the stairs before they are surround by men with guns.

"Let's get out of here," Brian says as he looks at all of the guns.

"Whoa, whoa!" A voice calls causing Skylar to quickly turn towards it. "Easy friends. She's with me," Vince says in Portuguese. Skylar smiles as she sees Vince, having not seen him in over five years. "Sky!"

"Vince," Skylar says with a smile as he pulls her into a hug.

"Buster," Vince says as he and Skylar pull apart. "Come on."

"Dom here yet?" Brian asks as they continue up the stairs.

"No," Vince answers him.

"When was the last time you heard from him?" Skylar asks worriedly.

"A couple of weeks ago. Up in Ecuador somewhere," Vince answers her before Skylar looks at Brian worriedly. "How does it feel?"

"What's that?" Brian asks.

"To be on the other side of a wanted poster?" Vince asks as he looks between the two.

"It's freeing," Skylar answers him with a smirk before looking at Brian.

"He'll show up," Brian assures her. Vince leads them inside his home causing Skylar to smile as her eyes land on Mia with a baby in her arms.

"Mia," Skylar says with a smile before Mia gives her a side hug.

"This is Nico," Mia introduces as Vince kisses his son on the head.

"He's adorable," Skylar says as she waves at the baby.

"Come on, lets get you two something good to eat," Mia says before leading them over to a table. Brian and Skylar quickly eat their food since it had been a while since they had a proper meal. Mia looks at Vince worriedly, seeing their conditions. After they are done eating, Skylar holds Nico as Mia does the dishes.

"Time for bed little one," Mia says in Portuguese.

"Can I bring him?" Skylar asks her as she smiles down at Nico. She would love to have a kid but knew it would be impossible with the way that she is living right now.

"Of course," Mia says before they stop in the doorway so Nico can see Vince.

"Goodnight," Vince calls to Nico as Skylar smiles at Brian, who lightly smiles back. Brian could only imagine her one day having a kid with him. Skylar lays Nico down in his bed before he waves his hand at her causing Skylar and Mia to smile.

"Excuse me, sorry," Mia says before she quickly leaves the room.

"Why Rio, Vince?" Brian asks as he and Vince drink beer.

"You mean after you screwed everything up in LA?" Vince asks him back. "Ended up free-falling through South America, you know, hitting every hellhole on the way down. Would have kept going if not for Mia getting pregnant and meeting our neighbor Rosa."

Once Nico is asleep, Skylar follows after Mia to find her in the bathroom.

"Does he know?" Skylar asks as she figures out that Mia is pregnant. Mia shakes her head no before Skylar pulls her into a hug. "Come on." Skylar and Mia walk over to Vince and Brian with Mia sitting in Vince's lap and Skylar sitting beside Brian.

"So, listen," Vince says as he looks at Brian and Skylar. "There is a job coming up. I was hoping Dom was going to be here by now but this one is clean enough we can do it without him. It's a good gig. Couple of high-end cars, easy targets. Guy I know is putting together a team to swipe them. Just need a few more willing bodies."

"I don't know," Skylar says as she and Brian share a look.

"Look, the way the car scene is down here we can unload them quick and get top dollar. It's easy money," Vince says before he looks between them. "And from where I'm sitting, it looks like you both could use the payday." Skylar looks over at Brian to let him make the final decision, before he nods.