21.2

"Once we get in here, you're on your own," Skylar says as she gets out of Brian's car before entering the compound with Monica.

"Roberto, Enrique, I need pictures of the drivers, their license plates, their cars, and anything else you can find," Monica orders Verone's thugs before she and Skylar walk inside.

"Carter," Skylar calls as she and Monica walk over to the back door. "Drivers are here."

"Good. Come on," Carter says before slapping them both on the ass and going outside. Skylar honestly hoped by the end of this that she gets to punch Carter for doing that.

"Thank you for coming on such short notice," Carter says as they stand in front of the drivers. "My red Ferrari was confiscated yesterday, and it sits in an impound lot in Little Haiti. It's about 20 miles from here. The car isn't important. What is important is the package I left in the glove box. The first team back here with the package will have an opportunity to work for me."

"What, we gotta audition?" A driver asks.

"Nobody's got a gun to your head," Carter answers him. "That's it."

"Driver's licenses. Pass 'em up," Skylar orders as Carter walks away. "Before Christmas, guys."

"Go!" Roberto orders as they hand over the licenses before running for their cars.

"What do we got?" Carter asks as Skylar brings up Roman's profile. "That's good. Show me his partner."

"Juvie record for popping cars. Two years in J.D., then another year for aiding and abetting an armed robbery. He's clean. Dirty but clean," Skylar explains as she reads off Brian's profile.

"Hm. All right," Carter says before they walk outside to meet with Roman and Brian.

"Hey, man, you got something to eat up in there? We hungry," Roman asks as Brian hands the package to Carter.

"Sit 'em by the pool," Carter orders Monica before walking off.

"Nice," Skylar tells them with a smirk. "Come on." Brian follows behind Skylar, checking her out since he's never seen her dressed like this before.

"What you checking her out for?" Roman asks Brian.

"I'm not checking her out," Brian argues before Skylar and Monica leave them at the table.

"Yes, you were," Roman argues.

"No, I wasn't," Brian argues back, trying not to blow Skylar's cover.

"I seen you checkin' her out, man," Roman states again.

"Okay, I was. Now shut up," Brian admits, knowing that Roman wasn't going to leave him alone about it.

"You shut up. Don't tell me to shut up," Roman says back as Skylar and Monica walk back over.

"Both you girlies shut up. Unbelievable," Monica says as she and Skylar sit down.

"You sure are cozy in this big ol' mansion. Sleepin' with the enemy," Roman says as Monica starts eating a grape before Skylar takes a sip of her drink. Monica then waves at Carter, who is walking over to them.

"No, no, no. Sit down," Carter says as Brian goes to stand.

"Nice Ferrari you got in the driveway," Brian states as Carter sits down.

"I'm glad you like it," Carter says before opening the package they retrieved. Carter then dumps a cigar and cigar cutter onto the table. "Darlin', will you hold that?" Carter hands Skylar the empty envelope causing Brian to slightly tense at him calling her darlin'.

"We did all that for a damn cigar?" Roman asks as Carter puts the cigar in his mouth.

"No, you did that for a job," Carter answers him. "Do you really think that I would let somebody impound my car? The boatyard's mine. Oh, by the way, you two owe me a gate. But I'll just take it off your cut."

"Off our cut," Roman repeats with a fake laugh.

"Yeah," Carter states.

"I like that," Roman says.

"Good," Carter states.

"What's this job you got for us anyway?" Roman asks him.

"Come with me," Carter orders before they walk away from the house. "The house has ears in it. I have something I want you to carry from North Beach to the Keys."

"What is it?" Brian asks him.

"Just put in the car what I tell you to, drive it to me and don't let anyone stop you, understand?" Carter answers him with an order.

"Yeah. Any chance of cop trouble?" Brian asks another question.

"No. I'm buying you a window of time, but it's not gonna be open very long. You make it, and I'll personally hand you 100 grand at the finish line," Carter explains.

"Make it 100 G's a piece, papi," Roman says causing Skylar to roll her eyes. "Look, man, obviously, your pockets ain't nervous."

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't ever touch me," Carter orders as he hits Roman's arm away from him.

"Ours are empty. Like I said, we hungry," Roman finishes.

"I got an idea. Why don't you two boys join us at the club a little later tonight?"Carter says causing Monica to nod.

"Yeah. Pearl at midnight?" Monica adds with a smile.

"We'll get to know each other a little better," Carter states.

"All right. Sounds good. We'll see you tonight," Brian agrees as he shakes Carter's hand.

"Hey, you! Your pockets aren't empty," Carter calls as they walk away. "I'll take my cutter back."

"Hey, man. I figured you had, like, 12 or 13..." Roman says as he hands it back to Carter.

"Just get out of here," Carter tells him. "Skylar, I want you riding with them for now. See exactly what type of people we are dealing with." Skylar gives him a nod before following after the boys.

"Same old Rome doin' the same old stupid shit," Brian says as he wraps an arm around Rome's neck.

"Get off me, man," Rome says as he pulls away from Brian.

"What, runnin' your mouth? Insultin' people? Stealin' Verone's shit?" Brian lists off everything he's done.

"Think I'm gonna let somebody stare me down? I didn't let nobody stare me down in jail, homeboy. Think I'm gonna let it fly on a beach? And you, I'll take my cutter back. His rich ass," Rome explains before imitating Carter.

"And you're packin'!" Brian adds to the list.

"Like you ain't?" Rome asks him causing Brian to go quiet. "Exactly."

"From here, I do the talkin'," Brian tells him.

"Looks like you wanna do a little more than that," Rome retorts.

"Oh, and what's that supposed to mean?" Brian asks him.

"It means you always gettin' in trouble over a female, Brian," Rome answers him causing Brian to once again go quiet, since he couldn't blow Skylar's cover, not even to Rome.

"Hey, cowboy," Skylar says as she walks into view. She had been listening to their conversation. "I'm with you again." Brian smiles at her before they get into the car and leave.