16.2

"Brian, we need to get out of here," Skylar says as she walks into the bathroom, where Brian is looking in the mirror. "Hey, you did the right thing." Skylar rubs Brian's shoulder before pressing a kiss to it. Brian gives her a small smile before picking up his badge and hanging it on the mirror.

"Let's go," Brian tells her as she hangs up her badge as well.

"They will be looking for us together and it makes us an easier target," Skylar explains as they walk out to their cars. "We need to split up for a few months. I'm going to Miami. I hope to see you there."

"I'll be there in three months, I promise," Brian says before they kiss one last time.

~Three Months Later~

Skylar is sitting in her car as she gets ready to race. After leaving Brian, she had went to Miami and caught back up with her old friend Tej Parker. Now, she is about to race in one of his races. A Nissan Skyline pulls up beside one of the other cars she is racing, and she immediately thinks about Brian. She misses him like crazy. Tej starts the race before Skylar easily takes the lead. The Nissan Skyline ends up beating Skylar at the last second. Skylar was shocked to say the least because no one had beaten her in the time she had been in Miami. Everyone had started calling her, Flash, because of how fast she could drive. She gets out of her car as she waits to see who the driver that beat her is. The first thing she sees is the blonde hair causing her heart to speed up. Tej hands the money to the guy before he turns in Skylar's direction. Skylar feels her breath catch as she gets lost in his blue eyes.

"Sky?" Brian asks shocked to see her. His first stop in Miami and he was lucky enough to find her.

"Brian," Skylar says before running over to him and they quickly hug. "I've missed you so much." Brian then kisses her.

Now, it's been almost a year since they left L.A.