10.1

The next morning Brian goes to meet with Tanner to take down Tran. Skylar goes to the garage to help with the car. Skylar puts the decal on the car while Leon and Dom work on setting up the NOS. After they finish that Skylar and Leon leave.

That night Skylar and Brian are called to check in.

"Yes, sir. Yeah, I know, but. Yeah. Yes, sir. Yeah. I got it," Bilkins says as he is on the phone before he walks over to them. "The DVD players were purchased legally. All we've got are a couple of low-rent weapons charges and some outstanding speeding tickets."

"So, they're out," Tanner says.

"Yeah. Father bailed them out," Bilkins says. "Is this the kind of intelligence I can expect from you, O'Conner? Hobbs?" Skylar just rolls her eyes, knowing he was just looking for someone to blame.

"You're gonna put this on us?" Brian asks him.

"I can put it on whoever I want to. Perks of the job," Bilkins says.

"No, you can't put this on us..." Brian tries.

"No, wait a minute. Let me tell you. I don't care if you both have to aim at someone and blow your cover to smithereens. You've got 36 hours to crack this bastard or you might want to think about another career," Bilkins explains. Brian walks outside with Tanner. "It's Toretto, Skylar. It always has been Toretto. Tran and Hector are... They're just fumes." Skylar lets out a sigh as she glances at Brian out the window. "I know you've been lying to me. My question is this: Have you been lying to yourself because you can't see past Brian?"

"Dom won't go back to prison," Skylar explains to him.

"Well, that's a choice he's going to have to make," Bilkins says causing Skylar to look back out at Brian again to already find him glancing at her. "There's all kinds of family, Skylar. And that's a choice you're gonna have to make." Skylar walks outside as Tanner walks back inside.

"Meet me at Harry's," Brian says before he leaves. Skylar arrives at Harry's to find Brian sitting on his bed with his head in his hands.

"What did Tanner tell you?" Skylar asks.

"That it's always been Dom," Brian answers causing her to nod.

"Bilkins said the same thing. Also said you was blocking my view on things," Skylar says with a mocking laugh as she sits beside Brian.

"Tanner said the same thing about you," Brian says.

"What did you tell him?" Skylar asks.

"I told him that Dom wouldn't go back to prison," Brian answers her.

"I told Bilkins the same thing," Skylar says with a small smile. Brian then kisses her and she kisses back. Skylar feels herself leaning back until her back hits the bed.