24.2

"Here they come," Skylar says from where she is sitting beside Brian on the hood of the evo

"Here they come," Skylar says from where she is sitting beside Brian on the hood of the evo. Skylar had contacted some of the men from Verone's test, to race Brian and Rome for their cars.

"Fonzie and Fabio. Glad you can join us," Rome says as he, Brian, and Skylar walk over to the men and their women.

"We heard you boys wanted to get rid of those CrackerJack toys," Fonzie says with a smirk.

"No. Actually we just figured those cars you got deserved better drivers, which is why we're gonna take 'em off your hands," Brian retorts while smirking at them.

"You know, why don't we settle this now?" Fonzie says as he steps forward.

"Wait, wait. How about we settle this on the blacktop, huh?" Tej asks as he stands between them.

"Each car does it down and back, tag-team style for slips," Skylar explains the terms.

"Loser walks home," Suki adds as she glares at the men.

"We came to race," Fabio states.

"Well, load 'em up then," Tej tells them.

"Come on, bro. Let's get these cars," Brian says as he, Rome, and Skylar start walking over to their cars. "All right, check it out. There's no way we are gonna beat these guys straight up. The Hemi's puttin' out about 425 and that Yenko will snap a speed on about five seconds flat. We're gonna have to pull somethin' out of our ass."

"The only thing I can think of is save the spray for the way back, the return trip," Skylar says causing Brian to nod.

"Done deal," Rome says before he and Brian bro hug.

"All right. Let's do this, bro," Brian tells him.

"I'm gettin' that orange one," Rome says before getting into his car. Skylar looks around to make sure no is looking before quickly kissing Brian.

"Good luck," Skylar says before walking over to Jimmy.

"You ain't ready, Fonzie!" Rome says as he pulls up beside him.

"All right. You each got a barrel to go around down at the end of the road. The second wave gotta sit tight till your partner crosses this line right here. First team to go down and back twice wins the race. At which point, the losers will hand over them keys. Otherwise, you'll be eatin' breakfast through straws from now on. Comprende?" Tej explains as he walks between the two cars.

"I get it," Fonzie tells him.

"Oh, this means you too," Tej says as he looks at Rome.

"I got it," Rome replies.

"A'ight. Let's race," Tej tells them.

"You got this, Rome. Let's do it," Skylar and Suki cheer.

"Hey, you gone, homey. I got this. This is done. You about to lose your car," Rome taunts Fonzie.

"Do it, Rome! Come on. You got it," Jimmy and Suki cheer for Rome.

"You think I'm worried about this fool, man? This is nothin'," Rome asks them before Fonzie revs his engine.

"Aw, no," Suki says as she looks at Skylar worried.

"All right, here we go," Tej says as he stand between the two cars.

"It's all right, baby. I'm gonna handle this," Suki tells him as she stands in front of him. "Ready and... go!" Fonzie easily takes the lead and is the first to come back before Fabio takes off. Rome finally makes it back before Brian takes off. Fabio is on his way back causing Brian to have to think fast. He quickly gets into Fabio's lane causing them to drive towards each other. Fabio moves out of the way at the last second causing him to almost crash. Brian quickly makes his way around the barrel before heading back. Brian hits his NOS quickly catching up to Fabio. They stay neck and neck before Brian shifts one last time, getting ahead of Fabio and winning.

"Y'all ain't ready, homeboy. Get to walkin', Fonzie. Use them bus tokens, partner.!" Rome cheers before getting into the orange car. Skylar drives the blue car back to Tej's garage before they get ready to go meet with Verone at the club.