9.1

The next day Skylar, Jesse, Dom, Letty, Leon, Mia, and Brian are at the garage working on the car.

"Got a TR7 here, with a ball-bearing upgrade. What it's going to do is, it's going to spool up really quick," Jesse explains as he, Skylar, and Letty work on the engine.

"I got this set up for 24 psi," Skylar tells Jesse.

"Got it," Jesse says.

"You got big plans tonight?" Dom asks Brian as they work on the car and glance at Skylar.

"Yeah. We're going out to dinner," Brian answers.

"You break her heart, I'll break your neck," Dom tells him.

"That's not gonna happen," Brian says causing Skylar to smile.

"I want to show you something," Dom says as he wipes his hands off before handing the rag to Brian.

Brian takes Skylar on their date.

"So, how is it, anyways, that the gang came to be?" Brian asks her.

"What?" Skylar asks.

"The gang?" Brian asks.

"The gang? No, they don't call themselves a gang," Skylar says with a laugh.

"What do they call themselves?" Brian asks genuinely curious.

"They're a team. They call themselves a team," Skylar says with a giggle.

"All right. How did the team come to be?" Brian asks.

"Well, that's a whole lot of history, that Mia told me a while back," Skylar answers.

"I've got time," Brian says with a smile.

"Okay. Vince grew up with Dom. Actually, he didn't ever actually grow up, as you can tell. But they were friends as kids. And Letty, she just lived down the street from Dom and Mia. Always into cars, though. Ever since she was, like, 10 years old. So, naturally, you know, Dom always had her attention. And then she turned 16..." Skylar explains what Mia told her.

"And then she had Dom's attention," Brian finishes for her.

"Yeah. It's funny how that works, isn't it? Yeah," Mia says with a smile.

"How does Jesse fit into the whole thing?" Brian asks.

"Jesse. Well, Jesse and Leon just sort of showed up one night and never, ever left. It's just the way Dom is, you know. Dom's like... He's like gravity. Everything just gets pulled to him. Even you," Skylar explains and Brian shakes his head at the last part.

"No," Brian says. "No. The only thing that pulled me in was you. Being friends with Dom is just a bonus."

"That's good," Skylar says with a smile. "That's good. It's nice to come first every once in a while. Want to go for a drive?" They end up back at Harry's. Brian wakes up to his phone ringing.

"Yeah?" Brian answers.

"The hijackers have hit again. Bilkins has decided that we're gonna move on Johnny Tran and his guys at 17:00. Unless you say otherwise. If you agree, just say yes," Tanner explains.

"Yeah," Brian agrees as Skylar wakes up.

"Who is that?" Skylar asks him.

"Tanner saying they are going move on Tran," Brian tells her. Skylar smiles as they stare at each other before Brian kisses her.