25.2

Brian and Rome are by the car as they wait for Skylar to finish getting ready. Skylar feels completely out of her element as she walks outside in a dress.
"Wow," Brian says as he sees her. She is absolutely stunning.
"Don't get used to it," Skylar tells him with a smirk. "Lets get this over with."

"Hey, how you doin'?" Brian says to the security at the door of the club.
"Good. What you need?" The security guard asks.
"We're guests of Mr. Verone's," Skylar answers him before he lets them in. Skylar takes a different path as she goes to find Monica.

"It's a "hoasis" in here, brah," Rome says with a smile as he looks at all of the girls. "Damn. You got a pen? Phew. It's about to get serious, brah. Look at that girl on the swing right there."
"Hey. You guys did something right. Verone never socializes with hired help," Monica says as she and Skylar walk over to the boys.
"Then what's that make you?" Rome asks her causing her to slightly glare at him.
"Where's he at?" Brian asks changing the subject.
"He's on his way," Monica answers him.
"You and Verone don't go everywhere together?" Rome asks her.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Monica asks him offended.
"Nothin'. I'm-a go take a piss," Rome says before walking off.
"You go do that," Monica tells him with an eye roll. "What is his deal?"
"He doesn't trust people that carry badges," Brian answers her.
"I'm going to check if Verone is here," Monica says before walking off.
"So tell me about you and Roman," Skylar says as they sit at the bar.
"Yeah. I'd been a cop about two months when Roman was busted in a garage raid. He had eight sets of wheels in his possession, each and every one of them hot," Brian explains causing Skylar to see why there was tension between the two.
"So you busted him?" Skylar asks him.
"No. I didn't even know what was goin' down. But, uh, that doesn't really matter to him. Basically, once I became a cop, Roman started seeing me as a friend that became the enemy," Brian explains causing Skylar to nod in understanding, having a similar situation happen in her family.
"You have a little..." Skylar says before dusting a fuzz off of Brian's shirt.
"You look stunning tonight," Brian says causing Skylar to smile at him. Rome and Monica then walk over to them. "What's up?"
"He's here, man," Rome tells them.
"Where's he at?" Skylar asks him.
"He's over there. Don't look," Rome says before Brian and Skylar both look causing Verone to wave at them.
"Excuse me. Mr. Verone would like for you to join him," A hostess says as she walks up to them.
"Let's do it," Monica says before she and Skylar follow after the hostess.

"It's all right. Let 'em in," Verone orders before Roberto let's them in. Monica and Skylar immediately make themselves comfortable on one of the couches. "Go sit down. I'll talk to you in a second." Rome is sent to sit sit down while Brian is left with Verone.
"How ya doin'?" Brian asks Verone.
"Good. You enjoying your night?" Verone answers with a question.
"Yeah. I'm havin' a good time," Brian answers him.
"Good, good," Verone says before he glances over at Skylar then back to Brian. "She's beautiful, isn't she? Hmm?"
"Yeah. She's gorgeous," Brian answers him causing Skylar to hold back a smile.
"You got balls, kid. I can appreciate that," Verone tells him with a smile. "Women are a very powerful force. You see the blonde sitting with the gentleman right here? Five minutes of her time, and she can get anything she wants from him. Watch." The man and the blonde end up getting up and walking away from the bar. "I wonder where they're going. Sit down." Brian sits on the empty couch while Verone sits between Monica and Skylar. "So, you, uh, lit my man's car on fire. Is that right?"
"Yeah. I did. You see, I got a problem with authority," Rome answers him truthfully.
"Hmm. I have that same problem. For me, it's cops in particular," Verone says in agreement as he looks between Rome and Brian. "Let's take a walk. Come on."
"We just got here," Monica complains.
"Now we're leaving," Verone says before helping Monica and Skylar up. "Let's go." Verone leads them deeper into the club to a private room.
"What's all that?" Rome asks as they notice a covered bucket and a torch sitting on the table.
"We're gonna have a little fun," Verone answers him before pouring him, Skylar, and Monica each a glass of champagne. The blonde and the man from before enter the room.
"Hey, Carter," The man says as Verone smirks at him.
"Meet, uh, Detective Whitworth. One of Miami's finest," Verone introduces. "Thank you, sweetheart. Are you enjoying yourself, Detective?"
"Yeah. I was. I mean, you know me," Whitworth answers him as the blonde leaves.
"Yeah, I do know you. You been on my payroll a long time," Verone says in agreement.
"Verone, that ain't right," Whitworth accuses.
"Shut up," Verone orders him. "I got one last job for you, Detective. You hear me?"
"Look, we've been all through this. I said I can't do it," Whitworth tells him as he tries to put on a strong front.
"Hmm. That's the wrong answer. The table," Verone says before Enrique and Roberto quickly grab Whitworth tying him down to the table.
"I'm a detective, Verone! You do anything to me, the whole force is gonna be on your ass in a minute," Whitworth threatens Verone.
"Shut your mouth! You fat piece of shit," Verone orders him as he removes the cover on the bucket.
"You can stop right now," Whitworth tells him before Verone pulls a rat out of the bucket. "What the hell... What the hell is that?" Skylar glances over to Brian worriedly.
"Sit down," Verone orders Brian and Rome, who quickly sit on the couch.
"You're gonna regret this. Just stop right now!" Whitworth tells Verone as Enrique rips Whitworth's shirt open.
"Once the bucket gets hot enough, Detective, the rat is gonna want out. And the only direction it can go is south," Verone explains as he places the rat on Whitworth's stomach before placing the bucket over the rat. Enrique holds the bucket as Roberto hands Verone the torch.
"Hey! Get... Hey! Get it off me! I'll forget it ever happened," Whitworth pleads with Verone.
"Shut up," Verone orders him. "Did you know that your average rat can chew through a steel drain pipe?" Verone uses the torch to start heating the bucket causing the rat to scream. "You see, you have nothing to worry about when he's screaming, Detective. It's when he goes quiet that he goes to work."
"Stop it.! Stop it.! Stop it.! Don't be stupid. Stop it now," Whitworth begs Verone as the rat starts to go quiet. Monica and Skylar share a scared look.
"You're in charge of the units that are watching my properties, huh?" Verone asks Whitworth as he turns the torch off. "What I want is, I want a 15-minute window where everybody and I mean everybody disappears. You hear me?"
"I can't do it! Stop it. I can't do it. Help.!" Whitworth answers him before yelling.
"Okay. Monica, Skylar, come here," Verone says as he motions for the girls to come over before pointing at Skylar. "You sit." Skylar quickly sits beside Brian on the couch.
"Help.! Help.!" Whitworth yells.
"Shut him up. Shut him up," Verone orders Monica before she covers Whitworth's mouth with her hands as Verone starts heating the bucket again.
"Help! Help! He's biting me! Help.! Help.!" Whitworth's muffled yells sound.
"What? You got somethin' you wanna say?" Verone questions him before Monica removes her hands.
"He bit me! Yes, I'll do it.!" Whitworth tells him.
"Do what? Say it," Verone orders him.
"I'll do it. I'll give you your window. Just get it off me! Get it off!" Whitworth answers him.
"You betray me, and my rat here is gonna visit your wife, Lynn... yeah... your son, Clay, and your daughter, Lexi. Do you hear me? You understand me? Huh? You hear me?" Verone explains to him.
"Yes," Whitworth whimpers out.
"I'll burn your eyes out! I'll burn 'em out!" Verone threatens him. "Good. Now you can go. Get rid of him." The bucket is removed, showing the bite marks, causing Skylar to cover her mouth in disgust. Roberto and Enrique take Whitworth out of the room.
"You boys enjoy the show?" Verone asks as he faces Brian and Rome. "Fifteen minutes, and then every cop in Florida is gonna be on you. Be at Versailles Cafe, at 6:00am the day after tomorrow ready to drive. You understand?"
"Yeah," Brian answers him.
"Don't play games with me, or you'll be next. All right? Help yourself to a little champagne," Verone tells them before motioning to Monica and Skylar. "Let's go."

"That was a damn rat, man," Rome says as he looks over at Brian, once Verone had left the room. Brian was worried about Skylar more than anything at that moment.

"Monica, go get the car," Verone orders as they walk. Monica nods before walking away. Once she is gone, Verone slams Skylar into the wall.
"Hey," Skylar says as she fights the urge to punch him across the face. Verone kisses her, leaving her no choice but to kiss back so she wouldn't blow her cover.
"You ever touch another man again, and I'll kill you," Verone says as he points in Skylar's face causing her to turn her head. "You hear me? Look at me. You hear me?" Skylar slightly nods as she looks at him. "Good, now make sure those two don't get any ideas between now and the drop."

"She was into it, man. What's that about? And you seen the way she grabbed the dude's head," Rome says as he starts to pace the room.
"She had to, man. He was testing her. Just like how Skylar had to follow him out.  You gotta remember, their asses are on the line, just like ours," Brian explains to him.
"You feelin' your girl way too much. She just like that crazy-ass trailer-raff from back-in-the-day, Tonya," Rome says causing Brian to roll his eyes.
"Tonya? No. This is different. It's real. Man besides, you went out with her after I did," Brian says as they start walking towards the hallway.
"I mean, I couldn't let her go to waste," Rome says with a smile before Skylar appears in front of them.
"You ready to go?" Skylar asks as she sends an almost pleading look to Brian.
"Yeah, lets get out here," Brian says before they go back to the garage.