48.4

Two Weeks Later

"All rise," An officer orders. Everyone in the courtroom stands before the judge sits down. "Please be seated." Brian and Skylar are behind the big glass window as they watch Dom's case. As they sit, Brian wraps his arm around Skylar.

"Please rise, Mr. Toretto," The judge orders before Dom stands up. "I've listened to the testimony and taken into special consideration, Agent O'Conner's appeal of clemency on behalf of Mr. Toretto. That his actions directly resulted in the apprehension of known drug trafficker Arturo Braga. However, this judiciary finds that one right does not make up for a lifetime worth of wrongs. And as such, I find that I am forced to level the maximum sentence under California law." This angers Brian, causing him to leave the room. "Dominic Toretto, you are hereby sentenced to serve 25 years to life at the Lompoc maximum security prison system without possibility of early parole. This court is adjourned." Skylar feels tears start falling as Dom is led out of the room.

Skylar is standing in the garage when Brian walks in.

"We're going to break Dom out," Brian says causing Skylar to look at him shocked that he would be okay with it.

"It's a good thing that I already have a plan," Skylar says with a smirk before she kisses Brian. "How long do we have to prepare?"

"Two days," Brian answers her.

"Perfect," Skylar says before she pulls out her phone. Dom has told Skylar about some of his cousins or friends, that she knew would surely help.

TWO DAYS LATER

Dom is sitting on the bus that is taking him to the prison. There is nothing but open road between the bus and the prison. Not a car in sight. Brian is driving Dom's car as he follows behind Skylar with Tego and Santos behind him.

"There it is," Skylar says over the walkie before Brian pulls beside her. Skylar and Brian share a smirk before they both drive on either side of the bus. Dom glances out the windows to see the two black cars before he smirks.