27.2

The next morning Brian wakes to a door opening. Thinking that it is Skylar, he sits up with a smile on his face.

"What are you doin' here?" Brian quickly asks as he sees Monica walking towards him. Skylar, who is out on the deck, heard Brian's voice and goes to investigate.

"Brian, they're gonna kill you. I heard him telling Enrique and Roberto. Once you finish the run, they're putting a bullet in your head," Monica quickly explains, showing how scared she is.

"You sure you heard 'em right?" Skylar asks from where she is leaning against the doorframe.

"I'm sure. I'm sure," Monica answers her as she looks between the two. Skylar walks over to Brian with a worried look on her face.

"Verone's boys is outs..." Rome starts as he walks inside. "Oh, I see what they lookin' for, his little girlfriend here."

"They don't know I'm here. I snuck out," Monica says as they see their shadows through the curtain.

"What are they doin' here then?" Rome asks her.

"I don't know. Maybe they're guessing," Monica answers as she glares at Rome.

"Or they are looking for me," Skylar says causing Monica and Rome to look at her confused.

"Hey, go stall them. Go stall them for two minutes," Brian orders Rome as he slides on a shirt.

"Check her, homey. Check her," Rome says before he leaves.

"Brian, Skylar, this isn't about being a good cop anymore or...or doing your job. They're gonna kill you. You guys gotta pull out," Monica explains as she looks between the couple. "Don't make that run. Don't make that run." Monica walks to the bathroom.

"Be careful. Make that exit strategy happen," Skylar says before kissing Brian, not sure if she would see him again before tomorrow. Skylar then follows Monica into the small bathroom as she tries to form a plan. "Through the skylight. If Verone asks, tell him that me and you went to have breakfast this morning. I'm going to go around the garage and act like I'm just getting back." Monica nods before they quickly climb through the skylight.

"¿Donde està?" Enrique asks in Spanish.

"¿Quièn?" Brian asks back.

"You ain't comin' on my..." Rome starts as Enrique and Roberto start making their way onto the boathouse. Roberto and Enrique quickly pull out guns and make their way onto the boathouse.

"Hey, hey! Where you goin'? You stay right here with us, buddy," Enrique tells Brian as Roberto makes his way inside. Brian opens the curtain to keep an eye on Roberto as he worries about Skylar. Rome goes to walk forward but Enrique points the gun at him. "Don't even think about it." Roberto opens the bathroom door to find it empty.

"¡Vámonos!" Roberto orders as he walks out of the boathouse.

"Stay your ass off my homeboy's boat," Rome says as he follows Roberto before he is elbowed in the stomach. They start fighting as Brian quickly takes Enrique's gun, pointing it into Enrique's shoulder.

"Put the gun down! Put the gun down now!" Brian orders as Roberto has his gun pointed at Rome's head.

"You first, asshole!You first!" Roberto yells at Brian.

"I'll shoot the shit outta him! Put the gun down!" Brian yells back. "Put down the gun now! Put down the gun!" Roberto starts yelling back in Spanish as Enrique also yells.

"Enough. Enough. Shut up. Shut up. It's over. Come on. It's over. Let's go," Verone orders as he walks over to them. "Let's have the gun. Come on. Let's go. Let's go." The guns are lowered before Brian empties the barrel on the gun he is holding. Roberto and Enrique walk behind Verone as Brian walks over to Rome. "I'm glad to see you boys are getting along so well. Because tomorrow, Roberto and Enrique are gonna be riding along with you and Skylar, just so that we don't have any problems."

"What's going on here?" Skylar asks as she walks up from behind Brian and Rome.

"Where have you been?" Verone asks with a testing look.

"I was getting breakfast with Monica," Skylar answers him with a smile. "Us girls have to have a break from all of the testosterone.

"I'll see you guys in a bit," Verone says with a smirk before he, Roberto, and Enrique leave.

"What the hell was she doin' in there, man?" Rome asks as he turns to face Skylar and Brian.