28.2

"Nice shirt, Bilkins," Skylar says with a smirk as they walk into the room to check in.

"It's my day off," Bilkins tells her with a shrug.

"Yeah. Well, anyhow, this is the deal. Last night, Verone threatened a cop into giving us a window," Brian starts explaining.

"They're driving to an airstrip, in the Keys, off of Nallwood Avenue. Verone has a plane there, and he's taking off for good," Skylar takes over, explaining what Monica has told her.

"Wait a minute. How do you know this?" Markham asks confused.

"Monica," Skylar answers him.

"She's doin' her job. She warned us," Rome adds.

"She warned you about what?" Bilkins asks as he looks between the three.

"Verone plans to kill us after we give him the money," Brian answers him.

"Driving into an ambush was never part of the deal. I'm calling this off," Bilkins says as he turns to Markham.

"Like hell you are. This is a Customs case, Bilkins. No one's calling this off unless I do," Markham tells him before turning back to the three. "Look. This is real simple. You make the run. You get Verone and his cash together so I can move in for the bust. All right? You don't, I will find enough charges on all three of you to make you disappear." Markham then hands a walkie talkie to each Brian and Rome. "Take these. We're gonna have G.P.S. On you the whole time to make sure you don't get any cute ideas."

"And to make sure nothing happens to them, right?" Bilkins asks him.

"Yeah, right," Markham says before leaving.

"The guy's a dick, man," Rome says as they walk outside.

"Yep," Skylar says in agreement.

"Let me get this right. If we don't do this, then we go to jail. But if we do it, then Verone's gonna kill us," Rome states the facts.

"It's a hell of a deal, huh?" Brian asks as they walk over to look out at the water.

"Yeah. Maybe it is," Rome says with a shrug. "But I know this guy's got an ass full of loot that he's ready to dump in our cars. And I can think of two reasons why Verone doesn't need that money anymore."

"Ah, here we go," Skylar says as Brian wraps an arm around her waist.

"You and me. Just like the old days," Rome says with a smile. "Plus your girl. What do you think?"

"I think they messed with the wrong two guys and girl. That's what I think," Brian says before he and Rome fist bump as Skylar pulls out her phone, with a plan in mind.

"Yo, Tej. What's up, bro?" Skylar says into the phone.

"What up, Flash?" Tej asks her.

"Hey, man, how quickly can you organize?" Skylar asks as she and Brian share a smile.