19.2

"So, how long you been in south Florida?" The cop asks Skylar.

"A while," Skylar answers with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Before that?" The cop asks causing Skylar to let out a sigh. "We know you're Skylar Hobbs, formerly of the FBI."

"You've got the wrong woman," Skylar tells him.

"Really?" The cop asks and Skylar nods her head.

"How you doing, Hobbs?" Bilkins asks as he walks into the room causing Skylar to look down. "Let's take a walk." Bilkins takes Skylar to the roof of the building. "Did you really think we wouldn't find you two? Why did you let him go, in L.A. I mean?"

"You wouldn't understand," Skylar tells him. "It's about more than stealing and fast cars." Skylar walks away from Bilkins before shaking her head. "You got the woman at the race. Damn, I knew she didn't belong there."

"Well, you still think like a cop," Bilkins states.

"So, what do you want?" Skylar asks him.

"What makes you think I want something?" Bilkins asks back.

"Because you were scouting us and instead of arresting me, we're out here standing on a rooftop," Skylar explains to him.

"I want you to go undercover and I want Brian to drive," Bilkins answers her.

"If I agree, can I have a life? With no more running from the cops. My record cleared?" Skylar questions him.

"Yes, it's either you agree or you go to prison," Bilkins answers her.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Skylar tells Bilkins with a smile. He leads her into a room where there are some nice clothes.

"Get changed, then I'll fill you in more," Bilkins orders before leaving the room. Skylar changes before going to find Bilkins, who is with the cop that arrested them.

"Carter Verone. Born in Argentina. But he's lived most of his life in Miami. Now he owns the biggest import/ export business in the state. Unfortunately, the cartels have been successful getting drugs into Miami. But they've had a hard time gettin' the cash out," Markham, the cop, explains. "We've been surveilling him for a year, but we've never been able to put him and the money together. We've swept his house, his warehouses..."

"Nothing," Bilkins interrupts. "Customs here has done a great job of getting us this far. I'm just here to help get them over the top."

"I was able to get an agent in undercover, working travel and logistics for him. Recently, Verone put her in charge of finding someone who understands the racing world and can find drivers," Markham explains. "You will be working with her."

"Skylar Hobbs meet Monica Fuentes," Bilkins says as the lady from the races in walks in.

"Is she briefed?" Monica asks and Markham nods. "Let's go." Skylar leaves with Monica to go meet Verone.

Markham and Bilkins then go to talk with Brian.

"Carter Verone. Born in Argentina. But he's lived most of his life in Miami. Now he owns the biggest import/ export business in the state. Unfortunately, the cartels have been successful getting drugs into Miami. But they've had a hard time gettin' the cash out," Markham explains. "We've been surveilling him for a year, but we've never been able to put him and the money together. We've swept his house, his warehouses..."

"Nothing," Bilkins interrupts. "Customs here has done a great job of getting us this far. I'm just here to help get them over the top."

"I was able to get an agent in undercover, working travel and logistics for him. Recently, Verone put her in charge of finding some who can find drivers," Markham explains. "Right. Although we can't confirm her status right now," Bilkins says.

"You think she's flipped?" Brian asks Bilkins.

"She's one of mine. She's all right," Markham says offended.

"She's been in with Verone nearly a year. Even lives at the compound with him now," Bilkins tells Brian.

"Look, it was the F.B.I.'s idea to bring you in here. I'm against it. But we need some good drivers that can put this asshole and his money together. You're gonna roll with Agent Dunn here," Markham explains before pointing to the guy next to him.

"And if I don't?" Brian asks.

"Well, here's a list of the laws you broke in L.A. Obstruction of justice, aiding and abetting. You know the rap sheet. Now, we can make this all go away in the interest of justice, if you're willing to play ball," Bilkins answers him.

"So what's the idea here? Dunn and I are supposed to be street racers?" Brian questions Markham.

"That's right," Markham answers him before Brian looks over at Dunn, who takes a drink out of a Gallo's Pizza cup. 

"So, Dunn... Looks like we're gonna be partners, bro," Brian says as he stands before shaking Dunn's hand. "Could you tell me right quick what would be a better motor for my Skyline, a Gallo 12 or a Gallo 24?"

"Um..." Dunn says before looking at Markham, who nods for him to answer. "The 24."

"I didn't know pizza places made motors," Brian says before turning to Bilkins. "See, man, come on. I can't do this. Seriously, if this is what you're gonna give me, I may as well take my chances in Chino."

"We will get someone else," Bilkins says while Markham rips the cup out of Dunn's hand.

"No way, man. The only way I'll do this is if I get to pick the driver," Brian states as he sits back down.

"All right, O'Conner, who you got in mind?" Bilkins asks.

"Skylar," Brian answers easily.

"She's already undercover," Markham tells him.

"Fine. This dude I grew up with in Barstow," Brian says as he worries about Skylar. He knows she can hold her own but still.

"Who's that?" Bilkins asks.

"Roman Pearce," Brian answers him.