35.4

Skylar is sweeping the kitchen when the landline began to ring. Skylar quickly answers the phone, not knowing who it could be.

"Hello?" Skylar answers.

"Is this Amelia Toretto?" Stasiak asks.

"This is the Toretto residence but Amelia Toretto does not currently live here. This Skylar Hobbs, and I would gladly take a message and pass it on to her," Skylar explains, going through the rundown that she and Mia had discussed.

"Ex-agent Hobbs, this is Agent Stasiak," Stasiak says causing Skylar to fear the worst. "I'm afraid to you that Leticia Ortiz has been murdered." Skylar stands there shocked, knowing she had seen the woman three days ago. "Hobbs?"

"Uh... ah.. Thank you for letting me know of Letty's passing. I will be sure to pass the information to the rest of the family," Skylar quickly says before hanging up. Skylar holds back tears as she dials Mia's number.

"Hey, Sky! What's up!" Mia answers causing Skylar to freeze at how happy she sounds. A few tears roll down Skylar's face as she tries to think of what to say. "Skylar?"

"Mia, you need to come home for a few days," Skylar tells her.

"Skylar, what's wrong?" Mia asks concerned.

"It's Letty. She's been murdered," Skylar answers her as the tears really start to flow.

"Okay. Skylar, I'm booking the next flight out," Mia quickly tells her.

"Mia, do you..." Skylar lets out a sigh knowing this was going to be rough. "Do you have a number that I can call, Dom?"

"Yeah," Mia says before giving her the number. "Hang in there, Sky. I'll see you soon." Skylar lets out a shaky breath as she hangs up. Skylar leans against the wall behind her before sliding down. She then did the one thing that she was dreading, calling Dom. A little Hispanic boy answers the phone before Skylar asks for Dom, the way Mia has told her to.

Dom is underneath a car as he works on it before a little boy runs up to him. The boy tells him, in Spanish, that he has a phone call. Dom walks over to the phone confused, knowing the only person that has his emergency number is Mia.

"Mia, I told you not to call me here," Dom says as he answers the phone.

"Dom," Skylar says with a tiny smile on her face from hearing his voice before the smile fades.

"Skylar?" Dom asks confused by hearing her voice.

"Dom, it's Letty. She's been murdered," Skylar says as she chokes back a whole new wave of tears. "I know you want to come home but I beg you not to. I'm sure the cops are already staking this place out. Just be safe, whatever you do."

Mia arrived early the next morning before they went to find out any information that they could about Letty's death.

Two days after receiving the phone call, the funeral was held.

"We have gathered here to pay our final respects to, Leticia Ortiz. Let us reflect on her journey..." The priest says as Skylar and Mia hold onto each other out of comfort. Dom watches the two and the funeral from the hill above the cemetery before he leaves.

"Facial recognition software matched Toretto about 10 minutes after he crossed the border," Stasiak says as he stands beside Brian, who's eyes hadn't left Skylar. "I don't get it. I thought he'd show." Brian looks up at the hill feeling as if someone had been there. Skylar looks around at all of the cops before her eyes land on Brian, who looks over at her. Skylar slightly glares at him before turning her attention back to Mia and the funeral.