23.2

"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" Rome says as he jumps into the evo. Brian quickly takes off, taking them to check in since it would be a while before Roberto and Enrique started following them again.

"He's gonna blow our cover before you even get started," Skylar says after being filled in on what Markham had done.

"Hey, Bilkins, can you tell me what went wrong?" Brian asks as they walk inside.

"That's what I wanna know," Bilkins answers him.

"Show me your hands!" Markham yells as he and Dunn come in with their guns raised. "Come on. Keep 'em up!" Dunn starts patting Rome down.

"What's this about, man?" Rome asks as he keeps his hands raised.

"Hey, what's goin' on?" Skylar asks as she pushes Dunn away from Rome.

"Hold this," Markham orders as he throws his gun to Bilkins before shoving Rome. "You think you can shoot at me? I'm a goddamn federal agent!"

"What are you talkin' about? Get your damn hands off me! Get him away from me!" Rome yells before Skylar and Brian shove Markham away from Rome while Bilkins holds Rome back. "Just 'cause you wear a badge don't mean you can come in and mess shit up.! You're lucky I didn't shoot you."

"Shut up, Rome!" Brian orders as he and Skylar keep Markham back. 

"Don't tell me to shut up, Brian! You almost blew our cover, old man," Rome yells before Brian tells him to shut up again.

"You shouldn't have shown up like you did. What, Monica didn't tell you that Verone and I were testing them?" Skylar tells Markham causing him to calm down.

"No. I thought the punks were running," Markham explains.

"Running!" Rome yells insulted.

"That's great. That's real great! Oh, and if Rome wanted to shoot you, you wouldn't be here right now," Brian says before he throws his own gun on the table.

"All right. We gotta get this under control," Bilkins says as he quickly picks the gun up. Rome starts pacing before he notices a bag in front of him.

"Hey, that's mine.!" Markham complains as Rome grabs the bag.

"So?" Rome retorts causing Skylar to hold back a smile.

"So tell me what you know," Bilkins orders as Brian and Skylar sit in front of him.

"Well, Rome, Skylar, and I will be making a run for Verone. I'm not sure when and where. But he did say he bought us a window. I'm assuming from the local cops," Brian explains what he knows.

"I can talk to some of the guys at the local P.D," Dunn offers.

"No. No good. If Verone's got some of them on the payroll, then we can't let them know our operation," Bilkins denies him.

"Exactly. In addition, Verone told them that he himself would be waiting at the drop," Skylar explains having a feeling that at some point they were given false information.

"That's good news. If you're gonna be delivering drug money to him, then we can get him for laundering," Bilkins says as he and Markham share a look.

"No, there's only one problem," Rome argues.

"What's that?" Bilkins asks.

"Fuentes... Verone's tappin' her," Rome answers him.

"Tappin' her? Tappin' her how?" Bilkins questions him.

"That is crap!" Markham defends.

"What you talkin' about, homeboy? We know what we seen," Rome explains.

"What do you think, O'Conner, Hobbs? You think she's compromised? You both should know," Markham says tauntingly causing Skylar to have to refrain from hitting him as he talks about her second family, The Toretto's.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rome asks as he looks at everyone confused.

"What? You mean your old pal O'Conner didn't tell ya? Him and Skylar flipped on Bilkins in L.A. Gave their mark his car keys and let him disappear. That's why they're not cops anymore," Markham explains causing Brian and Skylar to glare at him. "So what do you think, experts?"

"Man, I don't know," Brian answers while Skylar shrugs her shoulders.

"All right. We'll keep an eye on her," Bilkins says with a nod.

"We're out of here," Brian says as he glance between Rome and Skylar.

"You both let your man go, huh?" Rome asks as they walk outside.

"Drop it. I don't wanna talk about it," Brian says as Skylar lets out a sad sigh, missing the way things were.

"Drop it, hell! I wanna hear about this, homey," Rome tries again causing Skylar to roll her eyes.

"I said forget about it, cuz," Brian tells him.

"We got Fuentes in with Verone, Markham tryin' to blow our cover and we got two wired cars that are no better than that damn ankle bracelet of mine. I'm-a tell you, brah. You let your man Markham do that shit again in front of Verone, that's gonna be our ass," Rome explains as they walk.

"I know, man. I know. It's gettin' thick real quick, and we may need a way out," Brian says in agreement as he glances at Skylar before they get into the car.

"We gotta come up with some exit strategy," Skylar tells them.

"Exit strategy, huh?" Rome asks her.

"Yeah," She says with a smirk.

"I like the way that sounds. What you got in mind?" Rome asks her before taking a bite of the sandwich he stole from Markham.

"I don't know, man. But you two need two more cars," Skylar says causing Brian to smile at her.