39.4

Skylar pulls up to where the race is going to be held

Skylar pulls up to where the race is going to be held. She can't help the smile that comes to her face because for the first time in a long time she felt at home. Skylar gets out of her car before leaning on the hood as she looks around for Dom and Brian. Skylar notices a guy leaning on his hood with three girls before he looks her way and winks. Skylar rolls her eyes before she sees Brian pull up. Brian gets out of his car before immediately looking for Skylar.

"What are you looking at, nutsack?" The guy with the three girls asks him.

"I don't know, you tell me," Brian answers him.

"The racer wants what Dwight's got," The guy says about himself in third person. Skylar rolls her eyes again before walking over to Brian and wrapping an arm around his waist.

"He doesn't need what you got, when he has this," Skylar tells Dwight with a smirk as Brian wraps his arm around her shoulders.

"I got something you both want," Dwight says with a returning smirk before looking at his girls. "See, but, ladies, Dwight's already on the team. You got to be fast if you want to drive for Braga." Skylar sees one of Braga's informants walking their way before she steps away from Brian.

"Is there a problem here?" Gisele Yasher asks causing Skylar to give her a sweet smile.

"No, I think we're good here," Skylar says as she smirks as Dwight.

"No, problem," Dwight agrees as he moves back a little causing Brian to chuckle.

"Are you both Park's people?" Gisele asks Skylar and Brian.

"Yeah. Yeah I am," Brian answers as Skylar nods.

"Follow me," Gisele orders before she starts leading them towards the building. Skylar smirks as she sees Dom drive up before Gisele takes them inside. Skylar and Brian, along with a few other drivers, watch Campos play golf until Gisele brings Dom up.

"You all know why you're here," Campos says as he gets ready to swing again. "Good drivers are a dime a dozen. Man, every corner's got a chingadera tuner racing for pinks." Skylar can't help but glance at Brian, as she remembers Brian throwing down his pink slip at his first race. "That's not what Braga has got me looking for. Braga wants someone that would sell their abuelita to be behind the wheel. Someone that drives their 10-Second cars not in a straight line, but to push it and make it through places no one else would take it. Real drivers."

"So, what are we hauling?" Dom asks.

"For the money Braga's paying, you don't need to know," Campos answers him.

"You just said you wanted real drivers. A real driver knows exactly what's in his car," Dom explains with a small smirk.

"Mira, real driver, nobody's forcing you to race," A guy named Fenix says as he stands in front of Dom.

"You the boss?" Dom asks him. "Or am I talking to the boss?"

"Do I look like a boss?" Fenix asks him back.

"My job is to find the best drivers, period," Campos says to stop things from escalating. "Whoever wins and gets second get the info. We cool?" Gisele walks around handing each driver a GPS. "Are we cool?"

"Yeah, we're cool," Dom answers him as he takes a GPS from Gisele.

"No, we ain't cool, man," Another driver says. "Who's closing these streets?"

"No one. That's the point," Campos says with a laugh, causing Skylar to smirk. She knew that she and Dom had this. She also knew Brian has a harder time driving in open streets.