13.1

That night Letty, Leon, Vince, Skylar, and Dom are getting ready to leave to take a truck when Mia comes over and starts arguing with Dom. Skylar is leaning against the car as they argue.

"I have respected you and I haven't said shit. Now I am asking you not to go," Mia says.

"I'm doing this for both of us," Dom tells her.

"Don't give me that crap. You're doing this for you. Why are you insisting on doing this? Dom, please, just don't," Mia says before they get into the cars and leave. Skylar had looked around in hopes that Brian had been nearby but she didn't see him.

"Mia, what's going on?" Brian asks as he catches up to her having seen the argument from inside the trailer.

"What?" Mia asks.

"You know what I'm talking about," Brian tells her.

"No, I don't," Mia argues.

"You always have tears in your eyes when Dom drives away?" Brian asks her.

"What's the matter with you?" She asks him.

"What's he racing off in the middle of the night for? You know about the trucks?" Brian asks her as he begins to worry about Skylar.

"No, Brian! What trucks? Jesus Christ. What?" Mia says before Brian pulls her to a stop.

"Listen to me. Mia, I'm a cop," Brian says as he decides to blow his cover for Skylar.

"What are you talking about, Brian? What is this?" Mia questions him.

"Ever since the first time I met you, I've been undercover. I'm a cop," Brian tells her.

"Oh, you bastard. You bastard," Mia says before walking away.

"Mia," Brian says as he tries to get her to stop.

"Get off of me, Brian!" Mia says as she hits his arms.

"Mia! Listen to me! Everything I ever said I felt about Skylar is true. I swear to God. You have to believe me, Mia. But this isn't about her and me. Your brother and Skylar are out there about to pull a job. We're running out of time. Those truckers aren't laying down anymore. Maybe they'll make it through tonight, but every law enforcement agency is coming down on them. If you don't want anything to happen to your brother, to Letty, to Sky, to Vince, to Leon, you have to get in that car with me right now and help me. Mia, you are the only person that can help me right now. Please, Mia. Please help me," Brian explains to her as his worry for Skylar comes out. Mia agrees for the sake of her family.

"Civics are stashed somewhere outside of Thermal," Mia says as she looks at the map.

"They wouldn't double back, and Highway 10 is too well patrolled. So, what does that leave us with?" Brian says as he breaks it down.

"All this," Mia says as she looks at the map. Brian then gets out his phone and calls Nextel.

"This is Officer Brian O'Conner. Serial number 34762. I need a cell phone trace," Brian says.

"Okay. What's the cell number?" The lady asks.

"Mia, what is Sky's?" Brian asks. "Come on, Mia. She needs Sky's cell phone number now." Brian hands her the phone.

"323-555-6439" Mia says.

"Thank you. Yeah, you get that?" Brian asks before they say they will call him back.

"All right, we're one man short," Dom says as he takes the covers off of the civics. "Letty, I need you on the left side. Skylar you with Leon."

"Your sister's right about this one. This don't feel good," Leon says as he brings the harpoon gun to Dom.

"Don't do that," Dom tells him.

"Something's wrong," Letty tells him as she brings over the other gun.

"Stop," Dom says.

"We shouldn't be doing this without Jesse," Skylar says in hopes he will change his mind.

"Look. This is the mother lode. We've been on this for three months. After this, it's a long vacation for everyone. Let's go," Dom says.

"I hope so," Leon says before going to get in his car.

"Come on. Let's make this happen," Skylar says as she walks over to Leon's car.

"Leon, keep on those scanners," Dom says as he walks over.

"Copy that," Leon says.

"All right, let's go," Dom says before they get in the acts and take off.

"Okay, we traced the number to the northbound 86. Mile 114, outside Coachella. We'll keep the trace open, Officer," The lady says when she calls back.

"Let me see this," Brian says as he takes the map from Mia. "I think we're about 40 miles away."

"What are you gonna do?" Mia asks him. "What are you gonna do?" Brian just speeds up as his mind is only on Skylar.