17.2

"Yeah, man," Brian says as he answers his phone.

"You wanna race tonight?" Tej asks him.

"Yeah. You know I could use the money," Brian answers him.

"You got four minutes," Tej tells him.

"All right. I'll be there," Brian says before hanging up the phone.

"Who was that?" Skylar asks as she walks out of the bathroom in nothing but her undergarments as she dries her hair.

"Tej. We got four minutes," Brian answers her causing her to smile. Skylar quickly pulls on a pair of shorts before grabbing one of Brian's shirts, putting it on and tucking it into her shorts. "Let's go." Skylar grabs her shoes before following Brian out to the car.

"Yeah. There's our fourth right there," Tej says as Brian drives through the crowd while blowing exhaust to try to get the crowd to move back.

"Shit. It's Brian," Suki says realizing, who it is.

"What's up, Tej?" Brian asks as he and Skylar walk over to the man with the Afro.

"What's happenin', dude?" Tej asks back as they bro hug.

"Thanks for the invite," Brian says as Tej and Skylar hug.

"No problem at all, man. Just, uh... Just remember me when you wax, a'ight?" Tej says causing Skylar to giggle.

"They got deep pockets?" Brian asks Tej.

"Real deep," Tej answers causing Skylar and Brian to share a smirk.

"What's up, Suki?" Skylar asks the girl leaning against the pink car.

"What's up, Flash?" Suki asks back as they share a smile.

"What do you say we kick it a nickel?" Brian asks the drivers.

"Nobody said nothin' about raisin' the stakes," The guy leaning against the red car says.

"If that's the case, why don't you ask these nice people here to back off the line so you can go home?" Skylar asks as she walks towards the guy with Brian right behind her.

"Oooh.!" The crowd cheers.

"Hey. Hey. Hey," The guy says getting the crowd to be quiet. Tej walks over to stand beside Brian and Skylar. "Okay. Thirty-five large. Three cinco." The guy hands Tej his money before Brian hands Tej money. Brian and Skylar walk over to his car.

"Good luck," Skylar tells Brian before kissing him. They then notice a lady watching them in the crowd before she disappears.

"All right, back up. Back up. Let's go. Let's go," Tej orders. "Back y'all asses up. Back up. Back up. Before you turn into barbecue around here. It's not a game. This is serious. All right. Back up. Back up. Get off the street. Let's go. Back it up. Back it up. Everybody keep your hands real, real clear, all right? Cause I got a surprise for y'all this evening." Skylar stands beside Tej near the sidewalk before Tej gives her a nod.

"Ready, Ready. Ready. Ready," Skylar says as she points at each of the racers to which they rev their engines in response. "Go!"