Chapter 9: It's Decided

Start from the beginning

"Ow!" She snapped at him as he started bursting with laughter.

"I'm sorry!" He wheezed through his laughs.

"You are so not!" She pouted as she aggressively unwrapped it and chomped down.

"You okay?" He asked, still laughing. She stuck her nose up.

"Nevermind, I think you're fine," he said, finally calming down from his laughs. When she finally finished her granola bar, she realized that there was something important that was missing.

"Hey Drew? Are you okay?" She asked suddenly. A confused look came over him.

"What? Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He asked.

"I just realized that you haven't had Roselia out with you, is it okay?" She asked concerned, an annoyed look replaced the confusion.

"Oh, I'm a bit frustrated with him right now, that's why he's not out," Drew said as he grabbed Roselia's pokeball from his bag. He was fixated upon it.

"Any reason why? I know that disputes like this are personal so it's okay if-"

"He's just being a bit weird," he said. Suddenly, the ball burst open and Roselia appeared. Once he solidified, he looked at May, and then looked at Drew, then back to May, then back to Drew. He smirked before a knowing expression came over his face, and if Roselia had eyebrows, they would be raised at Drew. The tips of Drew's ears grew red with embarrassment before he returned Roselia.

"What was that about," May asked.

"See, I told you he was being weird," Drew sighed, exasperated at his pokemon's suggestiveness.

"Drew, why is there a rose on the ground?" May asked him suddenly. He looked down, sure enough, where Roselia once stood was a red rose. He picked it up before handing it to her.

"Guess he wanted you to have one," he said as she took the rose.

"Ah, so this is where you get your roses, guess you're no magician," May shrugged, teasing him. He laughed.

"Yup, you figured me out," he sighed. She was about to speak when a loud explosion sound rang through the ship, and the boat shook violently in an aftershock before returning back to its gentle lull. The two of them grabbed their pokeballs before Drew threw open the door with May in hot pursuit behind. Both were still in their pajamas.

As they ran down the halls, others began to open their doors with sleep clouding their eyes, awakened by the disturbance. They arrived at the scene, which was in the cafeteria of the ship. Two people, a man and a woman were dressed in black with a red R on their shirts. Many staff members had already surrounded them and were in the middle of a battle.

The two dressed in black were losing badly. However, the damage had already been dealt. One of the other entrances to the cafeteria had been completely destroyed. The wall was blown out, as well as the two supplies closest next to it. The floor under it had been destroyed, exposing the skeleton of the bottom of the ship. Still, a bit of damage that would cost money to fix, money that they sure wouldn't be getting from those two thugs.

The two thugs were easily beaten before the boat's security team hauled the two away. They kept screaming about Team Rocket as they struggled to get away. May and Drew shared a knowing look with each other. Of course it was Team Rocket, who else would have a giant red R branded on their shirts! More people had arrived by then and May spotted Brianna through the crowd. Most everyone was in their pajamas, woken up by the sound and immediately coming to investigate.

"Everything is alright now! We will block that entrance, everyone will just have to go through the other. You can go back to your days now," one of the staff members announced. There was murmuring in the crowd before people began to file out. May pointed out Brianna to him.