~ Part 60 - Rachel ~

I had little recollection of what had happened to me when I woke up. I knew I had been bitten more than once by not just Edward, but I didn't know where I had been or what happened after I was out... until Sam explained everything to me. He told me how Ness had broken through a barrier to get to me, which should not have been possible at all. And he said that she'd been so determined just to get me to a safe place. I loved Ness and nothing was going to change that. Hearing that she loved me too through her actions just made me want to give her a massive hug and never let go. But she was a little busy. It'd taken all of her energy to break through the barrier then carry me home so as soon as she got it the garage, she basically collapsed onto Colby. Shortly after I woke up and everything was explained to me, Colby was out too. On the couch, with his arms around her. I thought it was super cute and kept looking at Katrina with a smile. "Are they gonna wake up tonight?" I asked quietly.

"Probably not. Those two sleep like they're hibernating." Sam replied with a chuckle. "You can't wake them up once they're gone and they'll be out for hours."

"You can wake them up. Just gotta shake them up a bit." Jake rolled his eyes and sat up, forcing Tara to do the same.

"I dare you." Mike retorted, nodding his head to the sleeping couple. I had to admit that they did look completely out, like nothing in the world could wake them.

"Okay." Jake got up fearlessly and gently placed Tara down before walking up to them. He hesitated just beside the beanbag as if he had suddenly got nervous then he reached down to touch Ness' shoulder. He didn't even get close before her hand shot out, grabbing his wrist to twist him around, then she literally kicked his ass. "Ow." He complained. Ness opened her eyes with a massive grin on her face and flipped him off.

"What woke you up?" Corey asked curiously as he stared at Colby to see if he was up too. It didn't appear like it.

"Nothing in particular." She shrugged, glancing at Colby. I watched the way her eyes flashed the lightest purple then she glanced over at me and smiled. "Are you alright?"

"Surviving." I nodded. She looked to the ground in thought. After all, she'd killed an old vampire. I'd been told that it'd happened plenty of times before and that they'd all obliterated an entire clan of old vampires together but something told me this time it was different. I guess I just had a feeling in my bones. Ness might have just started something.