~ Part 33 ~

"Listen to yourself! Seriously." I scolded, narrowing my eyes at my boyfriend. "It's not like I fucking went to a hunter clan meeting! I simply went to see my father and mother and solved a problem." Colby just scoffed and went for the road but I sped into his way. That must have triggered something.

"It's dangerous for you out here now!" Colby exclaimed so loud I was worried the neighbours thirty minutes away would hear him. "William and Evelyn could come back at any time, Edward's acting weird, and there's still hunters who won't accept you like your father has!" In that moment, I figured out why he was angry. "You could get staked or taken or anything and I want to be there to stop it. I'm the strongest of our clan therefore I need to be there for you when you need me to be. If Sam hadn't followed Kevin and heard why you called him, then I wouldn't have any idea where you were. Do you know how worried that makes me?" He continued to rant out to me. I could feel my face softening at his words, no matter how sharp they were supposed to be.

"I was careful, Colby. I brought Kevin and Corey for vampire protection as well as Jade for some hunter protection. Not to mention I'm a vampire myself." I walked up to him but he wouldn't look at me. His eyes were focused on the road, his escape if he wanted to leave. "I don't want you to protect me all the time, it's just not something I've ever liked." Still, he wouldn't break his gaze from over my shoulder. I groaned and reached up to the back of his head, forcing it down and crashing our lips together. He immediately kissed me back, picking me up and speeding upstairs to my room. I felt the bed beneath me before he spoke.

"Just don't do it again." And he was up, walking towards the stairs at a human pace. I let my eyes linger on him for a moment then smirked.

"Cooolbyyyyy. You gonna leave me here?" His jaw clenched and he gulped as he slowly turned around. I smiled and patted the bed next to me. He stared at me, his face getting softer and his hands clenching like his jaw had. "Because that's not very fair." He growled and within a second, I was pinned beneath him.