~ Part 57 ~

"You know what, Rachel? You're a little brat." She laughed from the roof and just stared down at me. "Did you seriously just do that?"

"You survived! You're a vampire, remember?" She yelled down at me. I climbed up to my feet, glancing at the garage doors. I could hear their laughs from where I stood.

"Yes, I am." I mumbled as I jumped back up to the roof and grabbed her. She couldn't break out of my grip even when I removed one arm to tickle her. She screamed, kicked, and giggled. I didn't stop for a few moments but when I did, I held my fist out. "Don't throw me off the roof this time." She didn't but I could tell she wanted to.

"Come on, you two!" Katrina called. I glanced down and smiled, grabbing onto Rachel so that I could jump down and she wouldn't get hurt. But I wasn't done. I threw her into the pool and smirked.

"Coming, Kat!"

"Bitch." Rachel mumbled but laughed anyway as I ran to the garage and sat beside Colby. He looked at me, flicked his eyes up and down my body, then glanced away again. There was a smile fighting at his lips.

"You threw her into the pool?" Jake asked in amusement.

"She literally pushed me off of the roof. I think the pool is pretty light payback." I reasoned but kept on grinning. I was in an incredible mood all of a sudden. Just a shame that something had to ruin that. My senses picked up on a familiar old vampire running at the speed of light towards the house. Rachel was still climbing from the pool. "Shit." I ran as fast as I could outside but I was too late. I watched as the vampire ripped her out of the water and disappeared. "Rachel!" I screamed.

"Where's he going to take her?" Sam asked frantically from beside me. I looked at him like he was mad. How the hell was I supposed to know that?

"He wants to kill her. She'll already be dead." Elton's voice made me growl with all of the anger inside of me. It was my fault. If I'd just brought her inside instead of being an idiot and pushing her into the pool.

"I need to find her." I said and tried to walk in the direction Edward had disappeared in.

"Ness, that'll be impossible." Colby shook his head as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back the couple of steps I'd managed to walk.

"But it's Rachel. If Edward took me, would you let Sam stop you?" I challenged him. I felt his hand loosen and I nodded, leaping onto the wall that connected the Trap House and the neighbours. If I took a big enough sniff, I could catch Rachel's scent.

"Vanessa!" Sam called. I glanced back only for him, Corey, Elton, and Colby to jump up onto the wall with me. I looked between them, a little confused, until Colby gently took my hand.

"We're coming too."

"And me." Mike jumped up with us. I glanced at everyone. Good muscle. Good power. And smart. I had the dream team of vampires on my side to get Rachel back. If she was dead, then I had the dream team to kill yet another old vampire.