~ Part 44 ~

It was getting very late at some point and Rachel was getting tired. I could see it on her face. Especially when her eyes started to droop. I glanced at the rest of the group who hadn't even noticed and sighed, standing up away from Colby to pick up the young woman. By the time I was upstairs, I had a really bad feeling in the depths of my stomach that I couldn't understand all too much. I narrowed my eyes in confusion, watching the bedroom door but nothing seemed to happen. Just as I stepped into the hall, I heard a vampire coming and felt an eerie feeling. No one downstairs could react before a body slammed mine against the wall with a loud crash.

"Well, isn't that just adorable? Tucking your little friend into bed." Edward, because of course he can come into the house - we haven't signed Devyn up yet - stood right there. His hands were on my hips and he had a sickening grin on his face.

"Get off me." I snapped, trying to push him back. Obviously, it didn't take very long for Colby to appear and throw him against the wall followed by dragging him down into the garage. I paused, looking at Rachel newly awake in the doorway. "I would say stay here but I don't want him to be able to get to you without me there." I said to her, holding out my hand. She grabbed it so I pulled her at speed down into the garage, hiding her behind my back. "Go away, Edward." I warned. "You're outnumbered and we're stronger." He stared at me then glanced around the room, specifically at the human girls hidden behind the guys. He let out a hysterical laugh.

"Tell me, Vanessa. Does the clan know about your secret?" His head tilted to the side, a sickening grin contaminating his face. He took a step towards me and all I could think about was how to protect Colby and Rachel. "You see, I found something out about when a Lupa turns into a vampire by the blood of the very vampire who made her Lupa to begin with." If I had a heart that was beating right now, it would be at the same speed as Rachel's - fucking pounding.

"Colby didn't die, you couldn't save me because he did, get over it, Edward. And stop with this 'I must do this human a favour' bullshit and leave Rachel alone." I snapped at him sounding angrier than I think I'd ever sounded. Edward's laugh was maniacal, crazy.

"You say it is bullshit however it is not. A favour for a favour, it's how it works." He paused. "But back to the question. Do they know what happens when a Lupa gets turned by the vampire they love?" He had turned to everyone else, looking over their slightly confused faces.

"They don't need to know right now." Colby growled. He stood further in front of me protectively. Edward scoffed and brought one of his hands from behind his back. It had a tooth on it that strangely looked fang-like. But not vampire fang.

"I found this and it's not very old. It's a Lupa tooth, which accidentally get lost every now and then, no big deal." Devyn suddenly gasped loudly. "The little lady has figured it out." She looked to Corey, who suddenly realised why she'd freaked out. "All I have to do is push the right button and THERE! You'll expose your own secret." His other hand unveiled to reveal a knife, which he immediately threw at Colby. By pure instinct, I reached out for it, losing control, and my hand was claw-like as a huge roar was released from my throat. I could feel my tail and my ears. "There she is."